85 Honda spree starts and dies

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Moparmick
Noob
Noob

85 Honda spree starts and dies

Post by Moparmick »

Ok I've read all the tech posts on this problem,still cant get it to run more than 5-10 seconds,I have good spark,good compression 130- 140,fuel,checked bowl has fuel,I have sealed all the normal culprits on the air box filter is good and intact,carb has been cleaned and checked several times including tube in jet tower, bystarter checked at 5ohms within range per manual,I can let it sit for a while and it will fire up run a few seconds and die only thing I see is a wet plug after it dies and I try to restart,float level checked ok,I need to know where to go from here,is it possible its getting to much fuel? if so how do I correct? there is no fuel coming from overflow tube
patthesoundguy

Re: 85 Honda spree starts and dies

Post by patthesoundguy »

You need to check the small hole in the flot bowl that feed the idle pilot with fuel from the bowl that could causing issues. Also the test you need to perform to verify the bystarter is working is the vacum test in the manual. Its a true test that the bystarter is opening and closing properly. Also is the screen in the tank clear? Check to make sure the pipe is not clogged that would make it run very rich and foul the plug real fast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: 85 Honda spree starts and dies

Post by martynkim »

Bad flow, check the exhaust. Make sure it is pushing thru.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts