28mm OKO Carb Tuning Questions!?!?!?!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bladecki13
Noob
Noob

28mm OKO Carb Tuning Questions!?!?!?!

Post by bladecki13 »

Alright Hey New To This Forum Just Looking For A Little Help With My New Setup. I Have A 1997 Honda Elite 50cc, Just Installed A MHR 72cc BBK, With A CT Chrome Intake, New Reed Cage, And A 28mm OKO Carb, I Installed Everything On The Scoot Yesterday And Iv Built Engines A lot Just Havent Done Much Carb Work, The Issue Im Having Is I Cant Seem To Get The Bike To Idle Well, Im Running A 60 Slow Jet And A 145 Main Jet Stock Exhaust Pipe And A Cone Filter, Air Fuel Mixture Screw Iv Been Playing With Understanding What It Is Suppose To Do But It Really Doesn't Seem To Do Anything When I Play With It, And Same With The Idle Screw, If I Make HUGE Changes To It ( like 4 Turns) I Can Seen Small Differenceds But Not Really Instant Changes And The Changes Done Stick Around Long And Are No Predictable, The Needle Jet Is At The Richest Setting, When I start The Bike On Choke It Revs Right up As Soon As I Shut The choke off it slowly dies down and if I keep playing with the throttle it will stay running but the RPMs Are very sporadic, it will start up without the choke after a little run time trying to upload a few videos to explain it better, sorry please let me know if there is any further questions for me... thank you all for your help ahead of time!!!

by this website I would think I was running a too rich of a pilot jet but then when you read number one under running to lean this what happens to my scooter as well super confused!!! Please HELP
bladecki13
Noob
Noob

Re: 28mm OKO Carb Tuning Questions!?!?!?!

Post by bladecki13 »

Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Go down a few on the pilot jet..60 seems to big. Should run a different exhaust also.. At least i would
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

Hello pilot jet is too big. Start with a 55. You have all the symptoms of an air leak.
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
Meejacob
Spree
Spree

Post by Meejacob »

Check for leaks and get a new exhaust for 72cc
Kylegraves2500
Noob
Noob

Post by Kylegraves2500 »

I just put a bbk on my 96 elite 50 and ordered an oko 24 mm carb, I am new to all of this and could use some help/ pictures on how the new carb is installed with stock throttle cable, thanks in advance guys
Peteyparado
Spree
Spree

Post by Peteyparado »

I agree with the other guys pilot to big maybe 45-50.. I was using s 52 on my old OKO 30mm on my 120cc
86 aero af16 swap. 121cc water cool.
Polini 30mm carb
Naraku mani
Scorpion stroker pipe
Stage6 CDI
5gram rollers
Keli high speed Variator
6.1 gears
94mph
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

KyleGraves axted...
how the new carb is installed with stock throttle cable, thanks in advance guys
The thread is from 2013 but still relevant. I'm almost positive the stock cable has to go and a new ($15) cable ordered. The stock cable has an aglet that won't work OR the core isn't long enough, I forget which. Hit up any parts supplier for a cable. Sorry but it's a PITA to dismantle everything that needs to come off to fish out the cable...UNLESS... you could just remove the old o e from the twist grip and tightly tape it the carb end of the new one and fish it through?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

I hooked mine up to the twist grip then i dropped it from the front of the bike down and grabbed it underneath then ran it under the baseboard and to the carb, really wasnt bad at all.
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake