Variator installation

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bfowler
Elite
Elite

Variator installation

Post by bfowler »

Alright so taking the variator off is a breeze because I just use an impact wrench and zip it right off. But as most of us know, it isn't a good idea to tighten the nut with the impact wrench because it can damage the crank etc etc. What do you guys use to keep the variator from turning? I know it seems like a nooby question but that has been my biggest pain in the buttocks. I bought this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HS4NA ... ot_redir=1 to help but it doesn't work very well. So what do you guys do? Please enlighten me and videos would help out even more. Thanks guys.
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Re: Variator installation

Post by Dio89Elite »

I have that tool too; I'm looking for this tool: Image. The ones that I'm finding are too small. :(

I also have this one Image to grab the teeth
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Mark the jaws of the MotionPro near the center. Use a thin grinding wheel to cut a pulley-tooth wide notch in it. Engage the pulley with the tool unlocked and open almost as wide as it goes, then spin the adjustor on tight. On the stand, the tool should bump the floor, stopping the pulley from spinning while leaving both hands free. The reverse side pins can engage the clutch bell holes the same way.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

This works on the clutch bell also. Does not damage either one.

Cost: 25 cents at yard sale. Usefulness level: Priceless
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861