Drive belt breaking slider guides? (moved 94-01 belt topic)

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Drive belt breaking slider guides? (moved 94-01 belt top

Post by LMH »

Best of luck.
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

i said it got fixed. too many stripped splines. the rear driven pulley isnt the problem, at least not yet. its not something to look at. at the cause of this problem. the beginning problem was the variator. then the rest of the problem which i cant be sure about, if i hadnt of gone that route, but now the front kicker ramp as far as i can get, has wobble to it. who knows if it, would of worked. is when the lightenned kicker got put on with this, problem.

hmm still making no sense. but.

i was running the stock kicker when the splines got a little chewed, like right near the nut on the end. where the threads are, at. i was running the aftermarket variator, and its ramp plate, when i noticed the variator's problem.

not sure how this went about. screwed up. but the crankshaft now hasnt got enough good splines left to hold the ramp plate steady and it wobbles. i went out for another ride. the splines looked to be getting messed up more.

there onlyu like messed up, in the middle of the splines. not near the back or the front. just in the middle. becuase, the lightened ramp plate was aluminum. and the ends, which i cant even tell and where it came from. but i know that the ramp plate doesnt go on easy. so now im going to use the other ramp plate. i dont think it done much but im switching.

but the thrashed splines, went back so far then quit, i would put the variator and drive boss on to see how much was exposed. so i could see if the kick ramp plate would have enough splines to get a sturdy grip. .. after 1 more ride it seemed they where messing up. it was digging back. not enough. and when i tried to hand tighten it, i tried to turn the kick ramp and it would go up and down a little bit. that must been what was happenning. and breakign the slides. you cant hold it so straight, the fron drive boss assembly part. piece. i figured as long as it was held on straight tightened down enough, like with the lightenned kcik ramp when it spun, that it would give a pulley up front that would work. but it woudl wobble. didnt think the stock one would do that.

Thought there was enough splines left to hold. its starting to chew on them. and i noticed it wobbling by hand. so. good thing i got a spare bike. found a good crank out of it, too. gonna rebuild it. probably has 4000 miles on it.
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

Page 2
graphite9 wrote:Mousewheels nailed it. Maybe you have some spline damage, or boss damage. Rotate the engine around, with the face, and vari installed, tight, and see how much that vari wobbles.
Glad you figured it out eventually.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Kevinstonge wrote:Page 2
graphite9 wrote:Mousewheels nailed it. Maybe you have some spline damage, or boss damage. Rotate the engine around, with the face, and vari installed, tight, and see how much that vari wobbles.
Glad you figured it out eventually.
Nope he figured it out all on his own like a big boy. Yay way to go trains420. You're so smart, and everyone should ask for help like you and when someone tells you what's wrong with it claim it as your own victory. What a great guy and an absolute staple to the forum.
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Drive belt breaking slider guides? (ldrancer)

Post by curtis966 »

I love this thread lmao. Can't wait for the 5 paragraph "explanation" aka rambling
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I was all in on voodoo.