Elite won't start

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jimmis98
Noob
Noob

Elite won't start

Post by jimmis98 »

My 1987 se50p (elite) won't spark :cry: . I got it in pieces pretty much, and now getting back togeather :? . The wire harness is cut all up, but I think I got the main wires figured out. I've changed the cdi, rugulater, and coil. I'm still not getting spark :evil: . Is there a way to check the electrical parts in the engine? Anybody have any ideas on what else to check and how to check it? :(
Thanks,
Jim
se50
Spree
Spree

Post by se50 »

If you want to part it out, I'll buy the plastics. If you want to part it out, name a price on all the plastics, and I'll probably pay it.

If you get your hands on a service manual, the manual should tell you the impedance in ohms of what each coil and the pickup should be. I ran into some issues on my 1985 Kawasaki ATV when the flywheel came off, and rubbed the stator. Caused a short. Luckily, I was able to solder it back up. But, if you have a multimeter, just test the coils (pickup, stator, ignition) for continuity right now. It'll be obvious if it has a short, if you are doing it correctly, since the needle (analog meter) or digital display won't register anything. If I remember right on my 185, the pickup coil had a resistance of 30 ohms. Resistance will be pretty low on the stator and pickup, I'm guessing. I do have a spare ignition coil that supposedly is good, if needed. It came with my SE50p. The last owner ended up having to replace the CDI.
1982 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr 1.6l diesel (5 speed)
1987 Honda Elite SE50p with drilled out main jet, shaved head, UNI filter
1985 Kawasaki Bayou 185 ATV
1984 Yamaha IT200 enduro
1974 Piaggio/Vespa Ciao moped, pocketbike exhaust.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Manual's in tech docs.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

it can be the egnitoin wires . my bro had the same problem
jimmis98
Noob
Noob

Post by jimmis98 »

I pulled the stator/alt. off and found some deep scratches over the windings. So I think that might be the problem. As for plastic--- its missing most so what will fit it. Somebody was chopping it up to make a chopper out of it.
se50
Spree
Spree

Post by se50 »

What's left? I'll buy it.
1982 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr 1.6l diesel (5 speed)
1987 Honda Elite SE50p with drilled out main jet, shaved head, UNI filter
1985 Kawasaki Bayou 185 ATV
1984 Yamaha IT200 enduro
1974 Piaggio/Vespa Ciao moped, pocketbike exhaust.