problem keeping it going when low on gas

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

kelliehart
Noob
Noob

problem keeping it going when low on gas

Post by kelliehart »

I just bought a 1986 spree and the lady told me that when it's low on gas, it will stall when you come to a stop.. she already had the fuel filter replaced and everything tuned up.. any suggestions? Thanks.
Kellie
jbarb
Spree
Spree

Post by jbarb »

How low are we talking? My dirtbike does this really bad but not the Spree.
I can run my Spree down all the way past the red until the needle is lined up with the center part of the "E" , then it just dies.

Possibly a plugged up in tank filter?
kelliehart
Noob
Noob

Post by kelliehart »

Well, she said she just had the fuel filter replaced as well as having it tuned up.. I just bought it last night. It only has 945 miles on it! I filled it up with gas and it is not stalling right now, so it definitely has something to do with how full the tank is for whatever reason.. it was almost 1/2 full when I filled it up though. Her boyfriend buys motorcycles and scooters and fixes them up, and even painted the thing PINK, I would think he would have looked at the carb, but I emailed her this morning asking about it after I found this site. It's nice to know it's here! I will post more when I hear from her. Thanks!
Kellie
se50
Spree
Spree

Post by se50 »

I haven't looked at the petcock on a Spree or similar, but I've had issues with it on a Honda XL175 dirtbike. If it has a filter sticking up like a normal petcock, the bottom could be plugged. How low are you talking? Needle in the last part of the orange low, or half a tank left low? My SE50 cuts out when the needle is getting to as low as it can get. :D
1982 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr 1.6l diesel (5 speed)
1987 Honda Elite SE50p with drilled out main jet, shaved head, UNI filter
1985 Kawasaki Bayou 185 ATV
1984 Yamaha IT200 enduro
1974 Piaggio/Vespa Ciao moped, pocketbike exhaust.
jbarb
Spree
Spree

Post by jbarb »

Dont you just love the feeling of pulling up to the pump and paying for your tank of gas with the left over change in you pocket.

While the idiot next to you is filling their Suburban at 3.15 a gallon 8)

Ive been getting alot of looks and comments since we dont really have a scooter culture like you midwesterners seem to have.
islandbayy
Elite
Elite

Post by islandbayy »

Jbarb, i love those looks. But, now, their starting to get anoying. It's gotten so bad, people asking where i got my elite, what my mileage is, how fast and such, their asking me at every damned stop light. It's gotten so bad that I wear my earphones while i'm driving downtown, just so I can ignore people without having them yell louder to get my attention!!
Owner of K-Man Auto, Scooters, & Electric Cars
Home of Wisconsin's First Street Legal DOT Licensed Electric Cars!
http://KmanScooters.com
http://MilwaukeeEV.com
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

im kinda hoping some idiot offers to buy my ped
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Tape the MPG onto the side with vinyl decals and someone might. SUV gas bills gotta be pushing $300/mo for some guys.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
eman916
BMX
BMX

Post by eman916 »

Yeah I love the looks when I say it cost me $1.60 to fill up my Aero and that I can get close to 70MPG! 8) I'm still waiting for an offer I can't refuse for my scooter! :lol:
-=_EmaN_=-
berreta22
Elite
Elite

Post by berreta22 »

noiseguy wrote:Tape the MPG onto the side with vinyl decals and someone might. SUV gas bills gotta be pushing $300/mo for some guys.
Thats a car payment for some too..along with insurance its gotta be 750 a month or more for some..yikes!!
1987 Spree 4400 miles 32 mph stock with my 285lb ***