Throttle stuck halfway

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Quantrill
BMX
BMX

Throttle stuck halfway

Post by Quantrill »

I have a 1984 Honda spree, it worked good until recently when i decided not to turn over. With further investigation i saw that the throttle has room to not only move downwards as it should but also forward. I unscrewed the throttle cable from the carburetor and the need did not retract with the spring until i was pulling down on the throttle with force. How can I fix this issue?
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Re: Throttle stuck halfway

Post by Johnniespeed »

If the throttle slide is not fully dropping to a "closed" position, but it will move when you yank down on it, then you need to isolate the cable from the throttle sleeve ( hand grip part) because either the cable is sticking or the sleeve is not rotating smoothly. Remember, both the sleeve needs to rotate smoothly and effortlessly and the cable needs to slide within it's housing effortlessly, for the throttle system to function safely.
Keep us posted on your progress, hope you get it going quickly.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.
Quantrill
BMX
BMX

Post by Quantrill »

Thanks, I fixed the throttle's positioning, but now it still does not turn over, I also hear a clicking noise when I try to start it.
Quantrill
BMX
BMX

Post by Quantrill »

I charged up the battery, before it stopped starting i put gas that I had in my garage into the tank, could that have anything to do with it not being able to turn over?