help sym dd50 with af16e engine won't start

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

aukinakaeo
BMX
BMX

Re: help sym dd50 with af16e engine won't start

Post by aukinakaeo »

Brake light^^^ also where can i get one of this woodruff keys
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

aukinakaeo wrote:Brake light^^^ also where can i get one of this woodruff keys
Go to a local motorcycle/scooter shop or try our friends at VT Cycles. Maybe one of our local forum members could help you. Put up an ad here in the wtb/fs section. Ask around for the size as I can't recall atm.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

block the intake nipple and make sure woodruff key is not broken.

Will not start/run if you have intake nipple open. no matter if everything else is perfect.

intake nipple not blocked off = huge air leak.

and its not from the cylinder but the intake nipple that is not blocked off.

good luck
aukinakaeo
BMX
BMX

Post by aukinakaeo »

Okay sounds like a plan if it doesn't pan out the way I'm hopeing then I'll just turn it into a mini stroker any suggestions on that ? Also I'll cover up that nipple as soon as i get free time away from the keikis
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Vacuum cap from any auto parts shop near you: Pennies.
Woodruff key is common to many Honda bikes: Your dealer or any online vendor should have it. Truly this is the cheapest Stock part there is. The Woodruff positions the flywheel, but the correct torque on the nut fixes it. Evidently the previous owner didn't use the correct methods. This happened to Rookie Wheelman about 6 years ago: Same symptoms. Very puzzling. I meant no offense.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
aukinakaeo
BMX
BMX

Post by aukinakaeo »

Okay thanks i appreciate yours and everyone's advice I'll look into it
aukinakaeo
BMX
BMX

Post by aukinakaeo »

Okay that didn't help . But i still have faith I'll finish up making my leak down tester device to fit hopefully finding the problem and rip everything back down to the crank replace it with a ministroker and seal everything back up do another leak down test and go from there any tips for this adventure ?
aukinakaeo
BMX
BMX

Post by aukinakaeo »

Yes it ran i used to ride it to work everyday for the first 2 weeks of me owning it , and the woodruff key broke because the threads on the crank are stripped and the bolt wasnt able to torque down properly therefore letting the key get smeared off . So Ima just replace the whole crank unless there's a cheaper solution ?
Also on another note there is a air leak somewhere near my base gasket on the side closest to the rear wheel
aukinakaeo
BMX
BMX

Post by aukinakaeo »

Can you point me in the right direction? What's a good setup? Ive heard of people doing 50mm cranks with 50mm bore kit with good outcomes but needing to machine the casings but i was leaning towards the 44.1 cranks ? What would you do ? What brands? Any links to where i can get it ? Also where can i pick up my own set of crank puller tools ?
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

aukinakaeo wrote:Okay that didn't help . But i still have faith I'll finish up making my leak down tester device to fit hopefully finding the problem and rip everything back down to the crank replace it with a ministroker and seal everything back up do another leak down test and go from there any tips for this adventure ?
yup sealing the vacuum leak on a bad crank wont help.

but guarantee if you install a new crank and dont plug the vacuum nipple it will run super lean.