yellow dio malossi spring question...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

ddw350
Goped
Goped

yellow dio malossi spring question...

Post by ddw350 »

so some of you have probably read im trying to fix my "lack of low end" problems that have come on recently on my 81 nx50 express sr...variator rollers look good with basically no flat spots[just a tiny amount of glazing where they seem to sit]... i can pull the driven pulley apart with my fingers but it does snap back. it was recommended to upgrade to a yellow dio spring. i see these all over,but is there a certain one needed for the express? i see some listing just say 49cc scooters..it doesnt really specify honda,yamaha ..etc..the spring is pretty much the only thing left i havent replaced...thanks for any help :)
patthesoundguy

Re: yellow dio malossi spring question...

Post by patthesoundguy »

As far as I know the center spring for dio is fairly universal for variated Hondas and some others. The one scooter it doesn't fit are sprees. I have a yellow dio spring in my aero 80. Fit perfectly. For how cheap they are its probably not a real big gamble.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
ddw350
Goped
Goped

Re: yellow dio malossi spring question...

Post by ddw350 »

im starting to gather thats its kinda a one size fits most deal...and yes for 12 dollars or so no big loss really..im gonna do some more research this eve and order something even if its wrong! haha thanks for your input!