Honda Spree 86 210 Pounds of Compression

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

rowe94
Goped
Goped

Honda Spree 86 210 Pounds of Compression

Post by rowe94 »

As the title says I have recently been given a honda spree that when I tested it the compression read that it was 210 which from what I've read is about 100 pounds more then It should be.... Now some history, I was given the scooter without a side cover... I was told that it sat the last two years since he couldn't find the side cover. He supposedly had just done a top end rebuild. SO i bought a side cover bought a new brake cable and bought a new airbox and filter. I did a carb cleaning. I found out that the bistarter was broken. (Can I buy a chinese one off of amazon or whats my best bet for getting a new one??) SO I borrowed one off of a friends working spree and tried to kick it... It was almost impossible. I took the spark plug out and when I tried the electric start oil spread every where. I did the test and found out it was right around 210. and returned the spark. I was able to get it to sputter once but then the kick starter got jammed. Getting super frustrated with everything! Thanks for any advise.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Honda Spree 86 210 Pounds of Compression

Post by 1man8scoots »

Sounds like your oil pump leaked into your case and it's causing "vapor lock" or oil lock I guess it'd be. You can bend your crank. The bike needs to have the plug removed and turn the whole engine upside down. After it gravity drain use the kicker to rotate the engine until no oil drains.