Af16 spreedio trouble

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Af16 spreedio trouble

Post by Gearhart »

I have a 1987 spree that I decided to dio swap. I bought a motor off here built a mount and wired it in. When I first went to start it it started but wouldn't idle and died. So I started it and feathered the throttle and it won't rev. Like it bogs bad and dies. I have swapped through cdi's and all the electronics. I took the reed valve apart and cleaned it and revealed the whole intake system. Carb is clean as can be. Air box is on. I ran a compression test and after 5 kicks it's at 125 psi. I'm so confused and need some experts. Also it spits fuel out the back of the carb which is why I think the timing and or real valves were bad but they are fine. I even replaced the coil and leaned the contact points. Has strong blue spark. So if you know anything please help!
Wheelman-111

Re: Af16 spreedio trouble

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

If it's spitting fuel out the carb and you think the reeds are "fine", think again. If there's even a little gap (sometimes the reed block is worn) it'll be almost impossible to start. Carb is clean, but what jet/emulsion tube in it?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Ruckenstein
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Af16 spreedio trouble

Post by Ruckenstein »

Make sure your exhaust pipe isn't clogged.