Elite/Spree Interchange?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

twsnagel
Goped
Goped

Elite/Spree Interchange?

Post by twsnagel »

How interchangeable are the mechanical parts between the spree and the Elite?
Pygmaelion
Goped
Goped

Post by Pygmaelion »

I'm no expert, but I'd say, Not Very.

While the Spree and the 87 - 90 Elite E (SB50P) share the same engine case, the fixed, non variated drive pulley is different (the SB one is more a regular shallow cone, while the spree one is hotel-bell shaped). The timing of the ports is slightly different in the cylinder. I think that the carbs are pretty similar, though. The layout of gas and oil tanks are all swapped around. In fact, for being "a reimagined spree", the elite e doesn't seem to have a lot in common with its ancestor.

If you're talkingabout the spree vs the SE or SA... forget it, they're as different as mailboxes and octopi. If we could bolt on SA or SE hop up kits, the spree would be worth it's weight in gold. The heads bolt pattern might be the same, but there'd be too much overlap to fit the plastic cowl back on.

The frames are far different, given the position of said gas tanks. The plastics don't match. Yep, we're looking at multiple generations of entirely different creatures.
twsnagel
Goped
Goped

Post by twsnagel »

Thanks, was considering an Elite as a parts bike for my Spree project, but I don't think so!