My 1984 Honda Spree Has Little/No Compression

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Apollo_Fluff
Noob
Noob

My 1984 Honda Spree Has Little/No Compression

Post by Apollo_Fluff »

Im New To Mechanics And Only Know My Way Around A Carbuerator, So i took my non running '84 Spree to a mechanic and he said the piston was bad in it, needed piston rings and had no compression, please help tell me how i can get compression, thanks guys :coolcruise:
wwolvert
Spree
Spree

Re: My 1984 Honda Spree Has Little/No Compression

Post by wwolvert »

i would start by doing some studying on how two stoke engine functions, then once you have an idea on how things work get your self a service manual and take it apart and inspect and replace the necessary parts. its about impossible to tell someone how to fix your motor with out being there and showing you how to do it. when your on your own its kind of trial and error.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The Service Manual has all the steps to getting your engine out of the frame and onto a workbench. If your mechanic is correct, the parts needed are a new piston with piston rings, and possibly a cylinder, with the bottom and top-end gaskets necessary to install them. Check the crankcase & crankshaft carefully for worn bearings and possibly debris from a catastrophic piston/cylinder failure. Clean & replace as needed. This really just needs a few cheap tools, some Manual guidance and a little Gumption.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Yeah get in there and tear it apart and get 'r on the go again. You will feel fabulous when you have it ripping again and you did it yourself :-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock