NCY direct ignition

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

solid808
Spree
Spree

NCY direct ignition

Post by solid808 »

I saw these at scooter swap shop website and was wondering if anybody has any experience with these?
The pros and cons? and if it's worth it?
2006 SYM DD50
72 Corsa
Mini Stroked
26mm Polini carb
Stage 6 intake manifold
Sparrow Exhaust
Polini Ruckus Variator
Malossi Fly Clutch w/ blue
1500 contra
Lightened mag
7.4-1 gears
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Re: NCY direct ignition

Post by johnny248 »

I don't have one, but I think they are super cool. Nice to eliminate the high tension coil setup, and use a slick modern day coil over plug design. I've thought about using one several times. It may be something I try out in the future. Im not sure if there would any real world performance advantage if you are conparing it to a setup that is already using a quality coil and plug wire. I *think* that there are clearance issues on the Elite with the bottom of the seat storage, but someone who has used one would have to verify that.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
solid808
Spree
Spree

Post by solid808 »

johnny248 wrote:I don't have one, but I think they are super cool. Nice to eliminate the high tension coil setup, and use a slick modern day coil over plug design. I've thought about using one several times. It may be something I try out in the future. Im not sure if there would any real world performance advantage if you are conparing it to a setup that is already using a quality coil and plug wire. I *think* that there are clearance issues on the Elite with the bottom of the seat storage, but someone who has used one would have to verify that.
Thanks for your input. I figure it's like msd for cars. Easier starting. Better fuel consumption. Harder acceleration due to better spark.
2006 SYM DD50
72 Corsa
Mini Stroked
26mm Polini carb
Stage 6 intake manifold
Sparrow Exhaust
Polini Ruckus Variator
1500 contra
Lightened mag
7.4-1 gears
solid808
Spree
Spree

Post by solid808 »

solid808 wrote:
johnny248 wrote:I don't have one, but I think they are super cool. Nice to eliminate the high tension coil setup, and use a slick modern day coil over plug design. I've thought about using one several times. It may be something I try out in the future. Im not sure if there would any real world performance advantage if you are conparing it to a setup that is already using a quality coil and plug wire. I *think* that there are clearance issues on the Elite with the bottom of the seat storage, but someone who has used one would have to verify that.
Thanks for your input. I figure it's like msd for cars. Easier starting. Better fuel consumption. Harder acceleration due to better spark.
bump
2006 SYM DD50
72 Corsa
Mini Stroked
26mm Polini carb
Stage 6 intake manifold
Sparrow Exhaust
Polini Ruckus Variator
1500 contra
Lightened mag
7.4-1 gears
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I have used a similar china model on my golf cart and it limited the backfire and hesitation it had.
NZHonda
Spree
Spree

Post by NZHonda »

Are there any or the same clearance issues on a ZX Dio?
Honda AF28 Dio ZX - Malossi 72cc
Honda DJ1R project