Malossi Cast BBK exhaust opinions

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Malossi Cast BBK exhaust opinions

Post by Cmoped9 »

Soon I'll be putting on my Malossi cast kit I got, curious on exhaust suggestions. I have a tecnigas pipe that I got, put about 100 miles on it with stock bore. Would the tecnigas pipe be good? Would a pg long or short canister style exhaust be better on this mild BBK? Anyone know what RPM the cast performs best at? Maybe G9 could comment on it. Lots of questions on this set up before I start the build, possibly a small Polini carb and intake package? Looking for good reliable fun riding with some decent speed and power.
Ps: little side note, live in the country, ride about 10 miles at a crack at wide open/45mph style riding.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations or suggestions, fairly new to the moped building world.
2000 Elite SR
Malossi Cast, 24mm Polini (36/110), 9.8 gears, Naraku intake, PG long exhaust, 6k yellow Polini clutch springs, 5g roller weights. Top speed: 60mph
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Re: Malossi Cast BBK exhaust opinions

Post by Gearhart »

I have a malossi can't paired with a technigas pipe. Running on a nuruku intake and a polini 24mm and I thought mine grooved together quite well. It makes pretty decent power. I have never rid a corsa or any other faster bore's but it is quite a big improvement over stock
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

That pipe should work just fine on that set up, i personally wouldnt spent the extra $ on a pipe unless i planned on going bigger, better and faster. But to feel the true potential of the bore i would do at least a 21 mm carb and intake.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

Thanks for the replies guys, gearhart, that would be nest identical with what I'd like to do, I've got the cast kit and the tecnigas pipe already, wasn't sure if I should swap it out for a pg long or not. How is that Polini carb? Easily tuneable with that setup? What main jet are you running? Also, you have 9.1 gears in it, estimated top speed?
2000 Elite SR
Malossi Cast, 24mm Polini (36/110), 9.8 gears, Naraku intake, PG long exhaust, 6k yellow Polini clutch springs, 5g roller weights. Top speed: 60mph
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

2 questions, any recommendation on a 21mm vs 24 mm carb, which would perform better with the mild cast bore? I see your website has the 24mm in a kit with intake for $270ish. Also, recommendations on where to pick up a new PG long if I can't find a used one?
All the help from anyone is greatly appreciated, thanks!
2000 Elite SR
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Check ebay for the pg
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

Alright thanks a lot for the opinion, I'll keep my eyes open.
2000 Elite SR