2007 Elite carb. problem.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

indy111
BMX
BMX

2007 Elite carb. problem.

Post by indy111 »

My 07 Elite won't start unless I put part of my palm over the mouth of the air intake on the carb. It will start up if I've got my hand on just the right spot. As soon as I remove my hand it stalls. I just bought this scooter that had been sitting for 8 years. It only has115 miles on it. I soaked the carb over night in carb cleaner and then cleaned out all the port holes with my air compressor. They're is no adjustment on the air/fuel screw because of the stop. The idle screw I turned out 1 and a half turns. I pulled the fuel line and it flows fine when I hit the starter. It seems like it could be vacuum related. The air filter looks like new, it's in perfect condition. I added oil to it. Any ideas. Thanks
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: 2007 Elite carb. problem.

Post by tazland001 »

Well I don't think it is a vacuum issue because when you hit the starter the gas flows good.

Did you drain the tank and add fresh gas? Fresh gas is important.

The idle screw is the the top one on the carb and the air mixture screw is bellow the idle screw. The air mixture screw needs to be 1 1/2 turns out. Im not sure what you mean when you refer to stop.

When you clean the carb make sure to remove the air mixture screw and clean that port. I would also remove the pilot jet with a pair of vice grips. The pilot jet is the long skinny brass piece next to the main jet. Be careful when you remove it. The pilot jet just presses back in. The pilot jet controls idle so its important to have it cleaned out good.