Pod Filter to carb help?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

BigWillieStyles
BMX
BMX

Pod Filter to carb help?

Post by BigWillieStyles »

Hey ive put a pod filter on my Dio and have blocked of the a/f pipe, is this bad?

Would it be better to get a pod filter that has an A/f connection and reset the ecu?

thanks
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Hey! if don't have the money, don't play the game!!!
BigWillieStyles
BMX
BMX

sorry i dont understand american riddles? Thanks for the positive input into my thread though!!!!

I was asking for advice, i know nothing of 2 strokes.
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

Knowing nothing of 2 strokes, you should probably return everything to stock to realize maximum performance and efficiency.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

or so that he can lear about 2 strokes he can try things out and ask for hel along the way! how do you think i learned these things... i just almost never asked questions.
BigWillieStyles
BMX
BMX

MySpree wrote:or so that he can lear about 2 strokes he can try things out and ask for hel along the way! how do you think i learned these things... i just almost never asked questions.
Thanks mate, not everyone is such a negative geek sitting behind there computer looking for a free post.
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

I'm not a negative geek. I don't made modifications to my vehicles having no idea of what is going to happen to them. Then, when things don't turn out well based on my uneducated modifications, I don't ask for assitance on a public messageboard.

There is nothing wrong with tinkering. Basic knowledge is a solid foundation for more complex understanding. However, freely admitting that you know nothing of two strokes does not imply basic knowledge of the platform.

I was merely suggesting that if you don't know what you are doing, putting the scoot back to stock is going to realize the best performance.

Settle down Beavis.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

when i started wirking on these i didnt know anything, i had no basis at all, yea i worked on cars, but they are nothing like these! so thats not even a base! the spree that i got non running last year during spring was a junker, i had no idea what i was doing, and to this date it is the fastet un modyfyed spree out there, all i had was a 84 head on it because i had one laying around and forgot which one was which. now i am an einge wiz, i can fix anthing that has an engine no problem. i know these things inside and out. and did i know what i was doing NO! so let ppl experiment! and as of askign for help on a puplic forum MADE TO HELP PPL! i think he did the right thing consulting us so he has SOME BASIS TO FIND HIS PROBLEM! SINCE THAT IS WHAT THIS SITE IS FOR!
vonchuk
Goped
Goped

Post by vonchuk »

All that being said, should the a/f pipe be blocked?
sprees, ciao, gilera 124, 62 vespa, yamaha 650xs
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

vonchuk wrote:All that being said, should the a/f pipe be blocked?
what the * is a/f pipe, I mean I know what a/f stands for but pipe????
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
veloc1ty
Noob
Noob

Post by veloc1ty »

i'm guessing he means the air filter intake from the airbox?
BigWillieStyles
BMX
BMX

sorry guys i was just annoyed by that first post.

When i say the A/F pipe, i mean the little tube or attachement that extends from out of the stock airbox. Because if the a/f is blocked wouldnt the engine Cdi still think that the stock box airflow was being taken in but infact more air is getting in. It could therefore not adjust the the amount of fuel, giving unequal portions of air and fuel right?
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

the tube needs to be in open air, CDI stands for capacitve discharge igniton, your bike is not fuel injected, or pcm controlled, let the tube hang safely in the open- tie strap to hold in place not to pinch off
BigWillieStyles
BMX
BMX

ok thanks, but then how does the engine know how to adjust a/f ratios?
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

BigWillieStyles wrote:ok thanks, but then how does the engine know how to adjust a/f ratios?
It does not, that's why there is a air fuel adjustment on the carb- there's 2 screws on the side one is Idle adjustment ,the other is a/f , a good rule ,is 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 turns out , if you need to go more then 1/2 in either direction change the jet- more out -leaner smaller jet, more in richer -bigger jet ,it's all about tuning