Left turn signal not working

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

sdbrehm
Noob
Noob

Left turn signal not working

Post by sdbrehm »

I probably did this to myself, but can't figure out how...

86' Spree. My right turn signal works fine, but when I try the left all I get is a fast clicking sound from the left side of the bike and no light front or rear. The sound seems to be coming from the vicinity of the blinker module next on the left side of the air cleaner, but I assume the blinker module is ok since the right side works.

When I first got the bike the battery was dead. After replacing it all the electrics worked, including both turn signals. I've had the rear covers off to work on the engine and the wires to the rear signals are reconnected in accordance with the wiring diagram. I also remove the front fairing to clean it and had to unmount the front turn signals in the process, but I didn't unplug anything upfront.

Bulbs are all good. Would a broken wire in the harness leading to the front left light give this symptom? What else could it be?
'86 Spree
zonker1984
BMX
BMX

Post by zonker1984 »

Early on with my Spree, I had this problem happen suddenly after dinking around with the headlight. The wires can pretty easily knock out of place if you don't thread them back into the turn signal channels like they're supposed to be once you put the signals back on. I'd check and make sure that nothing's unplugged, and then I'd test the wire with a multimeter.
scoot72
Noob
Noob

Post by scoot72 »

i had the same problem on my 86'.on your left rear turn signal take the bolt out as if you were removing the whole assembly and check the wire that goes into the light.ther is a little notch in the back where the wire is suppose to go and sometimes if the wire isnt put back into the notch when you tighten the bolt back down the wire gets crushed and shorts out.