electrically dead...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

reckless504
Goped
Goped

electrically dead...

Post by reckless504 »

i have been having electrical fuse popping problems. for a while i just jimmy rigged the fuse wires by just touching them together to run it ( i know not the best thing for your ped ) but i rode it up to the gas station and it died there and nothing worked electrically. it finally started so i just took it home and now no electrical thing works when the key is turned. could anyone tell me what is wrong? thanks. - matt
1986 Honda Spree w/ pulley mod clocked in at 37mph hauling 175 lbs. Don't believe me? lets race!
Skullet
BMX
BMX

Post by Skullet »

did you smell any burning plastic or rubber smell? if you were blowin a fuse, then that circuit was broken somewhere and prolly grounding out, and if you bridged where the fuse was, the wires would just get hotter and hotter, melting insulation, until the wire smoked itself like a real thick fuse or blew whatever electrical device that fuse was protecting.
reckless504
Goped
Goped

Post by reckless504 »

thank you for the help everyone the problem was that a ground wire was disconnected in the front of the spree. thanks again problem resolved! - matt
1986 Honda Spree w/ pulley mod clocked in at 37mph hauling 175 lbs. Don't believe me? lets race!
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

I hope you didn't damage any wiring or electrical components.
reckless504
Goped
Goped

Post by reckless504 »

nope and it fixed my fuse popping problem :)
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

DIDNT I TELL YOU NOT TO DO THAT!!! hahaha! :lol: