Not running well, please help!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

dubsdeep
Noob
Noob

Not running well, please help!

Post by dubsdeep »

i found a spree with 500 miles on it and fixed it up. my problem now is when i give it gas a it boggs and dies. there is a new air filter in it, i cleaned the gas and oil and carb. the only thing i can think of is when i was cleaning the carb, there was a small rubber peice around the screw for the air intake that fell apart. if any ideas please let me know, im dying to get on this thing. thanks
scootoe
Noob
Noob

Post by scootoe »

It sounds to me like a carb thing, I have found the carburators to be finicky. The rubber gasket thing will need to be replaced. Did it come from the float pin inside the carb. When my spree would run and then bog down all I know is that I followed some Jerry guy and a the spree manuals directions for cleaning the carb and it worked perfect for the whole summer! Dont give up, go to the honda dealer and get the new gasket part!
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Bogs and dies

Post by hondaman »

Does it start right up and idle okay?
Mine bogged down once in awhile while the engine was not warmed up to operating temperature. I set my throttle valve to the first notch on the throttle needle. I also made sure the float was operating smoothly.
That seems to have taken care of the problem for me.