starting problem help please

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

cannon3731
BMX
BMX

starting problem help please

Post by cannon3731 »

I have a 85 spree that i rebuilt the motor and it starts and runs great. After sitting for 2 or 3 days it wont start unless i put gas down the plug hole or put my hand over the back of the carb. Once i get it running it starts great even after setting for 5 or 6 hours. I have cleaned the carb 3 times and replaced the by starter and this didnt help. Any ideas would be great
Thanks
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: starting problem help please

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

cannon3731 wrote: After sitting for 2 or 3 days it wont start unless i put gas down the plug hole or put my hand over the back of the carb. Once i get it running it starts great even after setting for 5 or 6 hours.

does the bike have the air cleaner on it normally? it sounds like your petcock might be bad. clean the petcock
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

sounds like to me u need to re-soak your air filter in some oil. :wink:
cannon3731
BMX
BMX

Post by cannon3731 »

It does have the air cleaner on it normally. It a brand new air filter and the filter has oil on it. I have cleaned the petcock and it works fine. I have put a vac on it and gas comes out.
Thanks
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

test ur bystarter
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
cannon3731
BMX
BMX

Post by cannon3731 »

I have tested the bystarter and its fine. Any ideas
Thanks