dumb question but i still need help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

ricky1022
Noob
Noob

dumb question but i still need help

Post by ricky1022 »

i have a 84 spree and it wont start unless i jump start it, is it the batt? also where can i find the vin? i found the engine code thing but no vin
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

its the battery buy a new one. the vin is located on a metal plate riveted to the frame just behind the front wheel
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

i found that, the black one? i riped it off by mistake (it just fell off) but i took the number off that and it fit the description of the engine code
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

yes you need to pop rivet that back on there to make it stree legal again. ill take a picture and photoshop it to show you what set of numbers is the vin
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

kk thanks, do i use carfax to check if it was stolen?
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

yah i guess it is the vin, i put it at carfax and it said it was wrong but at dmv.org it said the vin had no records? does that mean no one owned it before? it's JH2AFxxxxESxxxxx5
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

oh and how do i rivet it back on? the little circle on the ends of the metal are broken and riveting them might seem suspicious
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

at least here in michigan, its not nessasary to have it back on. mines missing, and i got stopped. cop just looked at the other vin located under the floor panel on the frame. no biggie. :wink:
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

those little circle ends are whats left of the pop rivets punch them out and install new ones do you know what a pop style rivet is? the correct name is actully a blind rivet but they are often called pop rivets brecaus of the noise they make when you intall them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_rivet
chevyguyjay wrote:at least here in michigan, its not nessasary to have it back on. mines missing, and i got stopped. cop just looked at the other vin located under the floor panel on the frame. no biggie. :wink:
there are two vin plates on sprees? i better go look i never knew that
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

yep. if your sittin on your spree, its on the right side of the frame under the floor panel. :wink:
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

thanks i just went out because the isnt any plastic on the bike anyways and found it
edoggdoremus
Goped
Goped

Post by edoggdoremus »

DMV purges the records of vehicles that havn't had any activity for like 7 years or so. They still have registration information if it was ever registered. If it was never registered and the title was purged from the system, go in and apply for an original title stating that you are the original owner
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

sweet ive had it for like 5 years so hopefully i ca ge the original title, sweet that just made my week, oh and does it matter if i painted t black? it was white.

oh and im 18 and have a license, do i need a moto license also? it can barely do 28
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

oh and i bought a new batt and it works great, just wish the acceleration was better, i remember it being faster, hmm, is there a air filter in these things?
Spreewell
Spree
Spree

Post by Spreewell »

All ya have to do is outrun da feds when they come after ya, don't waste your money on registration.