dumb question but i still need help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

you will probably not need a cycle license depends on the state. there is an air filter take the side panls off and you will see a big black box sitting above therear wheel the filter is in there. painting it will be fine just tell them aout it when you get the title
Spreewell wrote:All ya have to do is outrun da feds when they come after ya, don't waste your money on registration.
iwill laugh if a week later you come complaning about how you got some huge fine for not havinga registered bike. and there is no way a spree can outrun a 350v8 so stfu
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

ok i got the new batt and now it wont start again, i think its the alternator, where can i get one? the batt doesn't stay charged, it dies :(
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

does the headlight work when you fire up the bike if it does the stator is fine try charging it up on a charger then putting in the bike and ride it for at least a half hour the little stator can only charge so fast. you also may have a bad rectifier i would change out the rectifier first
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

so just ride it for like half an hour and it should be ok? i ran it for like 2 hours a couple of years ago and it did nothing, where can i get a retifier and how much are they
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

if the lights are still working its definitly a bad rectifier or a loose wire somewhere try starting the bike with no battery and hook up a multimeter to the wires is it reading a steady 10-15 volts or is the needle all over the place?
you can buy a recyifier from a honda powersports dealer basically anybody that sells honda quads, dirt bikes or street motorcycles should be able to get you one shouldnt be mor than like $20 you can test the rectifier to see if its good by hooking up a continuity to it because the rectifier is just 4 diode all hooked togeher with the arrows running in the same direction.
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

i have one from a 87 honda spree. if u still need it, make me an offer. :wink:
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

nah, if it doesn't work by sunday im just gonna part it out, also the i checked the air filter and it disintegrated , it was just little pieces of foam covered in what felt like oil but came off easy, would that have something to do with not starting??
ricky1022
Noob
Noob

Post by ricky1022 »

oh and when the key is in the back light is on and when i turn it on (when it does) the front one goes on, the horn and blinkers work when its not on, and when i had to push it home from last time i was able to start it up fine once but then after that again, no juice
spree nut
Noob
Noob

Post by spree nut »

Check all your wires and make sure none are corroded