carb bowl question

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

busaridda
Noob
Noob

carb bowl question

Post by busaridda »

what is the small round thing rests inside a little cylindrical chamber that is separated from the rest of the gas in the bowl. It appears that there is a tiny little hole that should be connecting this separate chamber from the main bowl. However, that tiny little hole is barley letting anything through. I filled the chamber with gas and it slowly seeped through the hole into the main chamber. Is that a problem? could this be why i have to hold my hand over the air intake to get it to run ,,,..then like just hold one finger over the hole to keep it running........once its running it i put my box on it stops...yes the filter is clean and oiled! cleaned carb 2 times
85 spree, 89 elite, honda tristar,700 sabre......and, a suzi hayabusa :)
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

If I've got your description correct its the tube for the bystarter circuit that enters the little chamber.

There is a little hole between the main bowl and the chamber. I've had some carbs with it plugged. Since its in the bystarter circuit, it makes for cold starting problems. Plugged, the scooter would not start without some starting fluid, but once started would run with the plugged hole.