runs-stops-runs-stops it does this continuously ???

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

That is very strange about the VIN Number. Right next to the number under the front fairing of the bike, just behind the front tire is a VIN Number. Right next to that it should tell a year for that particular bike. You may need to push back the fairing to get a look at it but it is commonly there. I know it is there for the 1985, 1986, and 1987 models, maybe not for the 1984. I suppose it is possible that it has been scraped off.

As for the carb, I had a carb that had a problem where the jet that filled the bowl was clogged badly and the bowl would fill up and the engine would run off that bowl, until the bowl dried up, then it would quit running. I would bet that it is definately the carb, like noiseguy said. There must be a jet you are missing somewhere.
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

Another thing with the carb. With the bowl off Take some carb cleaner with the straw fitting on it and blast it down each of those little holes in the intake of the carb on that circular outside part. You should see a good amount of flow coming out the holes on the inside of the carb where the bowl would usually be.
ripps
BMX
BMX

Post by ripps »

ripps
BMX
BMX

Post by ripps »

I posted some pic's at www.snapfish.com, I not sure how you can go see these ? There is 9 total of what I stated previously. I'm trying to post at least one here as you can see my last attempt was futile !!
Here goes again.

Oh, one more thing my # sticker is right in front the engine. There's a pic of that also. It says 1987. But it don't look it to me.

I tried to do the right clicking you said, peter1sp, was important, but all I get is a bigger pic that if I right click again, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong ?

Well, if you know how to get to them at www.snapfish.com They are there. The album name is spree. This is all I know.

I cleaned the carb. again as shane4188 said to do the very small hole Idid before but I did them again. about to put it back on the bike.

THAKS,
BRYAN
ripps
BMX
BMX

Post by ripps »

I put it back on the bike and with the settings put as I was told here I don't even get it to fire up at all anymore.

I'm stumped!

I know all of the tiniest holes are clean. It's getting plenty of gas the plug is commpletly wet. I've rmoved it several times to dry it and turn the engine over a few times to clear the cylinder, without the gas line connected.
I reconnect it, I get the same thing each time.

There has got to be no spark. Maybe the timing is off.
Idon't know, any ideas???

THANKS AGAIN,
BRYAN
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

check spark by removing plug so u can see electrode but it still needs to be grounded. even if u disconnect the fuel line it will still get fuel from what is still in the carb. make sure throttle valve is instanned correctly. it will go in 2 ways but the wrong way will hold throttle wide open which could explain the wet plug. check this by twisting throttle to make sure it moves freely.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
ripps
BMX
BMX

Post by ripps »

The throttle moves freely in the right direction. Up as I twist the throtle twards me, upper side of my hand twards me, on the bike. The piston pulls up.
The spark I will have to check again.

THANKS,
BRYAN
ripps
BMX
BMX

Post by ripps »

Was anyone able to access my pics' ?

BRYAN
mikehailwood
Goped
Goped

Post by mikehailwood »

I went to snapfish.com and cannot tell how to access your Spree picutres. I did not attempt to register with them. Perhaps I would need to do that.
ripps
BMX
BMX

Post by ripps »

I put a different passward in that you all can access !!

Put in my e-mail address tmaxinround@msn.com

password is, DRUMING, lower case!

Let me know what you think!

THANKS,
BRYAN
ripps
BMX
BMX

Post by ripps »

Oh!

Hit the photo's tap close to the top across!

BRYANM\
ripps
BMX
BMX

Post by ripps »

Let me know what other photo's you may need to look at !

THANKS,
BRYAN
ripps
BMX
BMX

Post by ripps »

There is tons of spark, good thick blue spark, only have the kick start though!

What is missing ??

I know gas is getting through, why is it not igniting ??

THANKS,
BRYAN
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Here's one of the pics. Is this a Spree? Looks like an Elite, but I'm not up on the '87s.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
mikehailwood
Goped
Goped

Post by mikehailwood »

Headlight , surrounding plastic, handlebar and brake levers look like Spree. Rear drive arrangement is similar to Spree. Everything else does not seem to be a Spree. Still, with a proper view of the carburetor we be able to help (if it is similar to a Spree carb.)