No more spark

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

abalmer
BMX
BMX

No more spark

Post by abalmer »

I drove my moped about one week ago and it was starting fine. I tried to start my moped today and all it did was kept turning over but never started running. I took out the spark plug and there was no park. Does anyone know most likely cause is for this problem? Thanks.
Samargh
BMX
BMX

Post by Samargh »

damp/bad connection around the HT lead (the one that connects to the spark plug.

Depending on the make/model, theres a few connections around that area that could give you the problem
abalmer
BMX
BMX

Post by abalmer »

It is an 85 spree and it has just been raining a lot. Any other common reasons for no spark?
Samargh
BMX
BMX

Post by Samargh »

yep... I'd go wd-40 to the spark plug top and ht wire connections in the first instance to remove moisture... 60 second fix attempt and definately a common problem on any vehicle
Gamemedic
Spree
Spree

Post by Gamemedic »

Are you grounding the plug when you check for spark?
abalmer
BMX
BMX

Post by abalmer »

Is the HT lead just the cap that goes on top of the spark plug? or do I need to WD-40 connections further back on that same wire? Thanks I am really frustrated cuz I had to apply for a title which took over a month and it had been running fine for over a month and the day I get the thing * it doest run!!! I felt like crying.
abalmer
BMX
BMX

Post by abalmer »

Alright so I WD-40ed everywhere and made sure it was all clean and still I cannot get a spark. What would my next step be? I know there are lots of knowledgable people on this site. Is there a way to test the different wires to find out what is wrong by the process of elimination? I really dont want to bring this thing to a dealer because first of all I only paid 300 bucks for it and second it ran great just a week ago. Thanks!
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

you can test electrical parts on a moped with a normal 12v car electrical tester
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express