Variator Restrictor and CDI 95 Honda Elite SA50

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

gobucks
Spree
Spree

Variator Restrictor and CDI 95 Honda Elite SA50

Post by gobucks »

does anybody know how the variator restrictor works and is located and how to bypass or remove it, also does anyone know how to disable the CDI on a 95 honda elite SA50
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

buy a new one off ebay that is a performance one
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

I thought stock honda CDIs werent limited?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:I thought stock honda CDIs werent limited?
Yeah, they are not limited.

The varitor is, and the tail pipe is.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
gobucks
Spree
Spree

Post by gobucks »

no, it must be restricted, because when i reach about 28 mph the engine stops firing and resumes at about 25 mph.
gobucks
Spree
Spree

Post by gobucks »

where in the tail pipe is it restricted. i looked in the end of the pipe that bolts right up to the engine and it is the same size as everything else.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

If there is no washer welded in the header, drill out 2 baffles from the muffler (put a long drill bit up the tail pipe and drill 2 restrictions). Also remove the front pulley and unbolt the restrictor plate on the back of it.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
gobucks
Spree
Spree

Post by gobucks »

i already pulled off the restrictor plate, but it still goes about 28mph. how much top speed increase do you think drilling out two baffels would add
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

gobucks wrote:i already pulled off the restrictor plate, but it still goes about 28mph. how much top speed increase do you think drilling out two baffels would add
like 2-3mph. It more less just adds take off.

Try cleaning your carb. If nothing changes you might want to get a compression tester. It could be time for a new set of rings.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Elite1998
Spree
Spree

Post by Elite1998 »

Dac wrote:
gobucks wrote:i already pulled off the restrictor plate, but it still goes about 28mph. how much top speed increase do you think drilling out two baffels would add
like 2-3mph. It more less just adds take off.

Try cleaning your carb. If nothing changes you might want to get a compression tester. It could be time for a new set of rings.
I pounded out a baffle or two with this sharp tool I made because I don't have a long enough drill bit and I cut off the small tip at the end of the exhaust and it sounds different at idle only or when I'm driving and let off with the throttle slightly cracked open..sounds nice. As Dac said, it mostly adds to acceleration but does help top speed. I can reach 35 mph at three quarter throttle after doing this and full gives me 38 and maybe aproximently 43mph if I have the wind to my back. The only different is how much throttle gives me my 35 mph and the low end as I have reached aprox. 43 before doing this
Honda Elite SA50-S

Stock motor, 9:1 gears, Kelli High speed pulley=a top speed of ?? Maxed the speedo out if that counts..average 45 mph
average 85 mpg