need part numbers

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

zoom
Spree
Spree

need part numbers

Post by zoom »

i need part numbers to a standard piston, and a standard set of rings.
ferchja
Spree
Spree

Post by ferchja »

Jeremy Ferch
1985 Spree (NQ50) - Mid restoration
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

yea but i just need to know the part numbers, because im going to order them from servicehonda.com.
ferchja
Spree
Spree

Post by ferchja »

Yeah, so log on there and get the part numbers off their exploded documents by hovering your mouse over the "add to cart" button

Then go to servicehonda and order...trust me the site is worth it cause it shows more detail then the service manual on some parts.
Jeremy Ferch
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

o thanks i didnt know i had to click the add to cart button.
ferchja
Spree
Spree

Post by ferchja »

I have also been able to get my local honda dealer to match service hondas discount price, becuase I save them time by just asking for the part numbers. Since they do not stock the parts they have no investment in the part so knocking 20% off the price gives them a repectable 5-10% profit and saves me shipping and the wait (they can get it in 2 days on their normal shipments)

To facilitate the process I enter the part numbers on service honda and add to cart, then print that page off and hand it to the parts guy.
Jeremy Ferch
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

ok, i added the parts to cart and i still cant get the part numbers, could someone just go on there and get me the part numberds for a standard sized piston. thanks
zoom
Spree
Spree

Post by zoom »

anyone??
hornet
BMX
BMX

Post by hornet »

Zoom,

If you go to the www.powersportpro.com website and log in the proper information for your bike (scooter) and click on the proper pull-down menu, you will see the picture of you part and further down a discription of the parts by number. Go to the right side where it says "add to cart" and if you have your computer's taskbar in the "auto hide" mode, wholed your mouse ON the "add to cart" you will see a listing there in your taskbar that has a bunch of words and numbers.

I selected via a pull-down menu for example a "1986 Honda Spree NQ50" then "crankshaft piston" and then found part number 3...there were several 3's, but one in particular that said "std", or standard piston, I held the cursor over "add to cart" and it gave me a long set of words and numbers, but near the end it gave me the part number for this particular part: 13101-GK8-780. That was it's particular part number.

That was a very long explanantion, but I hope it helps!

I would also like to ask you a question. I have a '94 Elite SA50. I would like to know what the spark plug has on top of it to fit in the boot properly? A new spark plug only has the threads, as do all spark plugs, and when I put on the "nut" it is too big to fit in the boot properly, but the treads alone are too loose to fit in there by itself.

I am brand new to the scooter world, and could ask the local Honda shop, but I thought you all in this forum would know even better. What goes on top of the spark plug to fit into the stock boot properly?

Please let me know!

Hornet
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

the boot doesnt cover the entire plug. just the ceramic part. it should fit if u have the correct plug. on a new plug the top piece which makes contact with the spark wire unscrews for different applications. this needs to be removed and discarded.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
hornet
BMX
BMX

Post by hornet »

Hi vette 76,

Yes, when you purchase a new plug like I did it doesn't come with the top "nut" at least mine didn't this time from the Honda dealership. That's what you sometimes have to purchase seperately.

My plug is a new NGK br6hsa I believe, I don't have the scooter or the plug at my house yet. I know that boots don't cover the entire plug...just the top and ceramic part, but evidentally I need a smaller top nut, not much bigger than the size of the threads on top of the plug evidentally, because the stock nuts that go on for ... say a car is a bit too big to fit in the boot properly... It should "click" in.

Thanks for your help..I'd like to see a picture of your spark plugs top that fits in properly if you ever get a chance, if it's not too much problem..my email is dlvh007@yahoo.com

Hornet
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

no. u should not even be using the top nut. just the threads. the threads just make contact with the wire. no nut.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
hornet
BMX
BMX

Post by hornet »

Hmmm... This is what I've been doing while working on it in the garage... however the wire just comes loose without some tape or something holding it on. It is not tight enough for riding at all.

Hornet
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

ok. what i suggest is to get a new boot. they are only a few dollars at ur local motorcycle dealership.

just unscrew the old boot and screw anouher one on.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
hornet
BMX
BMX

Post by hornet »

Yes, Probably the smarties thing to do, but I notice it was stuck on there pretty hard...almost seemed like it was one piece with the coil and attached and not removable. I will ask my local Honda shop to see whats up.

Thanks for your help vette 76 on this subject, can't guarentee it will be the last time however...that's why I joined this group. To get you folks valuable opinions, and to help out where I can!

The Hornet