A Couple Of Elite 94+ Questions

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

ALOW1
Elite
Elite

A Couple Of Elite 94+ Questions

Post by ALOW1 »

I know you guys will see my post count and see I dont have many so.......

Hi I'm Rob.

There got that out of the way. I been hanging round here for awhile mainly just reading up stuff. I registered a few days back because I didn't have a scooter yet and was planning on getting an Elite. I figured I would register when I got it in case I needed to try to find some parts.

So anyways I bought a Elite, its like a 96-2000 or something. I havent checked vins yet. The title isn't in my hands yet. Its purple with white wheels which I think were available colors 96 and after. Its a SR.

So I plan to mod it because I'm fairly large, and I love to tinker with things. I have owned a few motorcycles, I dont have any street legal bikes anymore except my Yami 1969 YR1 (RD350 powered, runs 12 flat in the 1/4 with 180 pound rider) . So I am fairly mechanically inclined.

So anyways, long story short. I want to mod it but decided to ride it stock first so I can appreciate the mods that I do to it when I do them. So I have a top end rebuild kit on order from the local bike shop in town, its a kit coming from Honda he they told me.

It was a running bike when I got it but I figured since it has almost 10,000 miles on it that I should just do it. The cylinder looks great, I will hone it lightly before I ring it. Probley by hand rather then using a ball hone.

Ok now as for the head and since I have it apart, can I have the head milled at all? I mean being all stock I wondered if having the head milled alittle would help move me around a little better?

If I can mill it how much can I take off the head and still be ok with the stock piston and jug?

I had another question but I just forgot it, sorry its late. I will ask later I'm sure.

Has anyone on this site ever extended the swing arm on their elite? This is something I have been thinking about doing. One of my close friends runs a welding shop so I have access to metal and good welding stuff. I wast thinking about stretching the swing arm about 4-5 inches and then relocating the shock mounts and shock. Moving the shock back some which would make the suspension stiffer. I weigh like 250 so it would be nice to stiffen the back up some.

I have seen some newer Hondas with extended swing arms but nothing like mine, but I would think somebody out here has done it already.

Anyways thats enough rambling for now......
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

milling the head is something i still want to do to mine. i remember reading the number 20 thousandths. you might just want to do 15 to be safe. Unless other people know for sure.

yeah i see people online extend there motor mounts, but that is more often just to give it a low down sleek style.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Karman
Goped
Goped

Re: A Couple Of Elite 94+ Questions

Post by Karman »

ALOW1 wrote:Has anyone on this site ever extended the swing arm on their elite?
Check out ubcnme's post in the official picture post thread in the general forum. His pics are on the two most recent pages.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

Dac wrote:milling the head is something i still want to do to mine. i remember reading the number 20 thousandths. you might just want to do 15 to be safe. Unless other people know for sure.

yeah i see people online extend there motor mounts, but that is more often just to give it a low down sleek style.
Thanks for the info. I went to school to be a machinist and have access to a machine shop/welding shop so its something that I can do. I just am unsure how far I could go. 15 might not be a bad idea, I just didnt want to go to far. It might not even be worth it but I would think just alittle more compression would be ok.

Anybody else have any input on this?
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

Karman wrote:
ALOW1 wrote:Has anyone on this site ever extended the swing arm on their elite?
Check out ubcnme's post in the official picture post thread in the general forum. His pics are on the two most recent pages.
Thank you, that was exactly what I had planned for mine. I have not seen anybody else do it up till I saw that picture. But I knew somebody out there had prolly already done it. Thanks for pointing me to the pic's.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

ALOW1 wrote:
So anyways I bought a Elite, its like a 96-2000 or something. I havent checked vins yet. The title isn't in my hands yet. Its purple with white wheels which I think were available colors 96 and after. Its a SR.
It turns out that its a 1999.