Dimming tail light when signaling

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Well if its about money try bribing him. Its normal, I have a 86 and it does this, brand new battery, everything in spec.

EDIT: Could the * show you a book where it says that's a failure?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
puhpuhplaya
Noob
Noob

Post by puhpuhplaya »

I have an 88 Elite. It hasn't been plated in about 5 years but even then it did this. When at idle the turning signals struggle and if they do go on, the tail/brake light dims out. It's only when I'm doing over like 15mph (as someone stated earlier in this thread) that the signals and everything works fine.

I just mess around with my elite and have started recently to get it road ready again so I plan on buying a new battery.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

puhpuhplaya wrote:I have an 88 Elite. It hasn't been plated in about 5 years but even then it did this. When at idle the turning signals struggle and if they do go on, the tail/brake light dims out. It's only when I'm doing over like 15mph (as someone stated earlier in this thread) that the signals and everything works fine.

I just mess around with my elite and have started recently to get it road ready again so I plan on buying a new battery.
Its your battery.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Cubey
Spree
Spree

Post by Cubey »

My spree, with a brand new battery, does this. The tail light dims slightly when the blinker is on and when the engine is idling.
1985 Honda Gyro S (project bike, work in progress!)
1984 Honda Spree - Bought May 30, 2008 with 810.8 miles on it. (Sold with ~1600mi)
Others owned/rode/sold: '86 Helix trike, '07 Vino 125, '88 Elite 250
Dac wrote:Friends+your moped=BAD IDEA.
mjdf
Noob
Noob

Post by mjdf »

Well, thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. The inspection place still refuses to pass it, BUT, they are refunding the money they charged me.

MJDF
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Take it to a different inspection place.
mjdf
Noob
Noob

Post by mjdf »

Spoke with my local Honda dealer. The mechanic said to check the charging system against the specs from Honda, and if they match, then the inspection place has to honor the manufacturer's specs, period.

So, I'll go pick up the Honda spec sheets tonight, and check it out. What a pain in the * this has been so far......

MJDF
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Glad to hear your not taking any s*** and on the way to a road legal fun machine.
mjdf
Noob
Noob

Post by mjdf »

Hello again everyone!

Just to let you know, my spree is finally road legal. It passed inspection last week! Thanks for all your advice and support.

MJDF