missing air screw I think...

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

geezfools
Noob
Noob

missing air screw I think...

Post by geezfools »

My spree has run decent since I've had it. Bought it for short little jaunts around town. Took it out the other day and has not run the same since, seems to be the case for everyone. Basically it will start and run, but super high idle. I tried adjusting the lowest screw, which I've used in the past to adjust the idle. Nothing changed. I took off the body panels and noticed the second screw above the one I've been adjusting is gone, which I think is the air adjust right? I'm assuming it vibrated enough to fall out or something and with this gone, will not idle correctly I'm assuming. If this is the case, can I still get these from Honda and do you think it would be something else?
I'm riding an 86 spree with no modification. Holes were drilled in airbox, but covered them with gaffers tape.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

honda should still have that
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Bottommost screw is a drain, leave it alone and in all the way. The air screw is a flathead and the idle stop is a phillips.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
geezfools
Noob
Noob

Post by geezfools »

Aware of drain, idle stop is there, so yes, air screw is gone, damnit! I'll give my local shop a call tomorrow.

thanks!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Dont forget to order the spring that keeps it from rattling out to.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
geezfools
Noob
Noob

Post by geezfools »

Okay, my honda dealership is full of morons and I can't track down this air screw. Can anyone help me out with a part number or possibly sending me one. I have some money in the paypal account and would appreciate it. This is the only thing keeping me from riding.
Cubey
Spree
Spree

Post by Cubey »

The part number for the screw (it includes the spring) is 16016-197-004.

I will be attempting to buy/order one on Tuesday when the Honda place here is open again. The spring failed (I guess it was too compressed, couldn't spring out enough) and mine fell out during riding but it didn't effect it (still idled, accelerated, and rode fast just fine) so I didn't even know it. I got home just fine without the screw even in there. But of course, now it won't start without the screw since it's cold now.

I'm hoping they'll have it in stock here since they had the air filter. But they had to order the carb gasket set and it took about 3 days to get in.
1985 Honda Gyro S (project bike, work in progress!)
1984 Honda Spree - Bought May 30, 2008 with 810.8 miles on it. (Sold with ~1600mi)
Others owned/rode/sold: '86 Helix trike, '07 Vino 125, '88 Elite 250
Dac wrote:Friends+your moped=BAD IDEA.
geezfools
Noob
Noob

Post by geezfools »

thank you times ten, I'll be giving the next closest one a call tomorrow to see if they can get it in and go from there, thank you!!!