Crank case

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

nparks
Spree
Spree

Crank case

Post by nparks »

How hard is it to open up the crank case on an SA50? I need to get inside and try to clean out the shards of my piston and whatever is inside the housing to cause the crank to stick.
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

you have to pull the engine off and remove the fly wheel then take the bolts out and it should pull apart but you need a new gasket for it
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

justinnielsen01 wrote:you have to pull the engine off and remove the fly wheel then take the bolts out and it should pull apart but you need a new gasket for it
Honda dealership should be able to get one right?
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

yeah or i just put some high temp silicone on it. and are you gona get another piston? what bore kit do you have?
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

justinnielsen01 wrote:yeah or i just put some high temp silicone on it. and are you gona get another piston? what bore kit do you have?
Oh no... I'm going to need a new kit. It was hella hard to get the piston off the jug, so I'd imagine I scored the * out of it.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

justinnielsen01 wrote:yeah or i just put some high temp silicone on it. and are you gona get another piston? what bore kit do you have?
Silicone for the head gasket? Your lucky it holds, what you need is permatex 300, designed for sealing diesel heads.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.