what size bit to use to drill the exhaust?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

lacrosseboy
Goped
Goped

what size bit to use to drill the exhaust?

Post by lacrosseboy »

i have been reading around and i know to only drill 2 holes but i am wondering if anyone has a recommended drill bit size to use? thanks in advance
Last edited by lacrosseboy on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
gobucks
Spree
Spree

Post by gobucks »

as big as you can fit in there.
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

no no no. you need to drill two holes 5/16 inch it creates the right amount of back pressure
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

justinnielsen01 wrote:no no no. you need to drill two holes 5/16 inch it creates the right amount of back pressure
No you stick it up the tailpipe and drill 2 restrictions.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

that what i ment but in the baffles. that guy said to drill the biggest one
lacrosseboy
Goped
Goped

Post by lacrosseboy »

justinnielsen01 wrote:that what i ment but in the baffles. that guy said to drill the biggest one
i know that you drill holes in the baffles but i also know that there are two baffles ones just a little farther back do i drill 1 hole into both or just two holes in the first baffle?
keithw
Elite
Elite

Post by keithw »

One hole through both. As with any mod, check your plug and pay attention to the mixture. Most anything will make it run leaner and risk siezing. The first thing I did when I started mods was to check what main jet was in the carb and buy the next size or two bigger. Whenever you make a mod step up the main jet till it starts to four stroke at the top end then back off one size. Jets are way cheaper than pistons and rings.

keithw
Honda Pal (Speed-o-scooter) JDM Spree with varator trans.
Honda Spree, 1985.
Another Honda Pal

Let's give it a try, how hard could it be?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

keithw wrote:One hole through both. As with any mod, check your plug and pay attention to the mixture. Most anything will make it run leaner and risk siezing. The first thing I did when I started mods was to check what main jet was in the carb and buy the next size or two bigger. Whenever you make a mod step up the main jet till it starts to four stroke at the top end then back off one size. Jets are way cheaper than pistons and rings.

keithw
Yea properly tuned it will 4 stroke on the stand.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.