Newbie FAQ

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jjbehren
Noob
Noob

Newbie FAQ

Post by jjbehren »

Obviously I'm new here. This is my first post. I'm also totally new to modifying scooters. I'm about to pick up a 1987 Spree with only 2100 miles on it. Just curious if there's a sticky or thread I should be looking in that would serve as a newbie FAQ. One that would say, for example, what some cheap mods are, what mods get the best bang for your buck, etc. I just want this thing to go fast enough so that I'm not going 30 mph in 40 mph zones (I have to be on a couple 40 or 45 mph roads on my way to work).

Thanks for any advice and I'm really excited to be a new part of this community. Hope I can contribute as well as learn.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Go to advanced tech Docs and click on it. If you want to go 40 to 45 mph get a different scooter. 30 to 35 on a spree is doing great.
jjbehren
Noob
Noob

Post by jjbehren »

hondaman wrote:Go to advanced tech Docs and click on it. If you want to go 40 to 45 mph get a different scooter. 30 to 35 on a spree is doing great.
Well, turns out I am going to be getting a different one. The guy I was going to buy the Spree from didn't have the title or a certificate of origin. And he never registered it.

Anyone know of an Elite in the Twin Cities area in MN? Just kidding really. Still, really looking forward to getting a scooter and using this forum/resource.

Thanks again.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

jjbehren wrote:
hondaman wrote:Go to advanced tech Docs and click on it. If you want to go 40 to 45 mph get a different scooter. 30 to 35 on a spree is doing great.
Well, turns out I am going to be getting a different one. The guy I was going to buy the Spree from didn't have the title or a certificate of origin. And he never registered it.

Anyone know of an Elite in the Twin Cities area in MN? Just kidding really. Still, really looking forward to getting a scooter and using this forum/resource.

Thanks again.
The 94-01 Elite's are the way to go. Its easy to get 45 mph or better out of them.
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

and if you want to make a spree go (very much) faster you either need to buy a different scooter with better potential, or buy a different motor for it with better potential