Awesome Speed & Shut Off

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

U should just buy a 70cc kit from MHR and a pipe..and you'll be set..instead of buying the ohem parts..it comes out cheaper...and it comes out a better brand..and way more horse power..
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

Pay attention Crank Destroyer, he has a spree. Evil, usually when the petcock goes bad it flows fuel all the time. I'm not sure but something could have clogged it up, like rust out of the gas tank for example. Its purpose is to keep fuel from flowing to the carb constantly. Mine has never worked though and i don't have any problems from it.

What exactly are you going to rebuild? If you're replacing the piston, or removing it from the rod even, MAKE SURE you get a new wrist pin clip (the little C clip that holds the wrist pin in the piston). You don't want that coming out while you're running close to 30 (ask me how I know). My suggestion is to take the jug off and have a look at it and the piston before you order any more parts. You may not have to rebuild anything, but I'm going to side with noiseguy and say that you prob. will. You can still order over sized rings and pistons which is another reason why you don't need to order anything yet. Deep scratches in the cylinder will mean that you do, but if you can bore it by 0.5" and it look OK, then all you have to get is the over sized rings and piston (and the C clip!).

Anyways, enough babbling for now, you're doing good by asking lots of questions.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

You cant (practically) remove the rod its part of the crank.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

I said remove the piston from the rod...
EvilCrayon
BMX
BMX

Post by EvilCrayon »

umm, I'm probably going to inspect it first and take photos. I actually ride at 35mph more than i ride at stock speed now but it still stutters and dies. The thing is, when it starts cutting, sparks fly out the pipe and it seems like carbon is coming out.

The entire exhaust note is different when it is at it's "limit" of 25mph. It is deeper and it doesn't accelerate but it'll sound normal and if you get lucky, it'll go all the way to 40mph.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Wow... flaming bits of piston...
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
EvilCrayon
BMX
BMX

Post by EvilCrayon »

EliteS120ccJDM wrote:U should just buy a 70cc kit from MHR and a pipe..and you'll be set..instead of buying the ohem parts..it comes out cheaper...and it comes out a better brand..and way more horse power..
where could i buy one?
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

EvilCrayon wrote:
EliteS120ccJDM wrote:U should just buy a 70cc kit from MHR and a pipe..and you'll be set..instead of buying the ohem parts..it comes out cheaper...and it comes out a better brand..and way more horse power..
where could i buy one?

Mopedhospital.com
EvilCrayon
BMX
BMX

Post by EvilCrayon »

Do they even make anything for a 1986 Honda Spree cause all I see are zumas, vinos, and elite sr's...
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

EvilCrayon wrote:Do they even make anything for a 1986 Honda Spree cause all I see are zumas, vinos, and elite sr's...

Call them and ask
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

GDit, they don't make speed bores for Spree! How about paying attention to what the original poster actually has?
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products