honda spree smoking bad

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

ANDREW
Spree
Spree

honda spree smoking bad

Post by ANDREW »

Hi there i have a 1984 Honda spree and its just started to smoke heavily i have just put a video on You tube if you can watch it and tell me whats wrong that would be great just search smoken honda spree p.s i am not using injector oil but it is new 2 cycle oil. And it has never smoked this bad.[/b]
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Its probably the oil. There is a reason you are only suposed to run GN2 injector oil, and it doesn't involve Honda's profit.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
ANDREW
Spree
Spree

smoking

Post by ANDREW »

ya i know that but it has never smoked that bad.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Its probably the oil. There is a reason you are only suposed to run GN2 injector oil, and it doesn't involve Honda's profit.
yeah i have to agree.

Running just any 2 stroke oil in it and it will smoke like crazy. I ran some cheap gas station 2 stroke in my bike and it smoked like crazy. So i got some valveoline 2 stroke oil and it still smoked, not as bad but still bad. Dumped that and got some honda and the smoke all but went away. My plugs lasted allot longer too.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
ANDREW
Spree
Spree

smoking

Post by ANDREW »

but it all of a sudden just started it did smoke a little bit but never this bad could it be my oil injector?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Injector might have blown a seal.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
ANDREW
Spree
Spree

Post by ANDREW »

how do i check it?
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW2vVJss1JY
is it just me or does it sound like its 4-stroking?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Its 4 stroking on the stand, mine does the same thing running castrol 2 stroke injector oil.
ANDREW
Spree
Spree

Post by ANDREW »

i pulled the oil pump out and the gear/shaft thing fell out is that normal i think it is but is there a way to turn it with a drill or something to see if its working?
ANDREW
Spree
Spree

Post by ANDREW »

also when i pulled it out the gear/shaft thing it was soaked with two stroke oil is that normal because there is a seal and shouldent that seal stop eny oil form getting in?
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Its probably the oil. There is a reason you are only suposed to run GN2 injector oil, and it doesn't involve Honda's profit.
Where did this claim come from? All my manual says is and I quote, "Use HONDA 2-stroke injector oil or equivalent."
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

Bear45-70 wrote:
Where did this claim come from? All my manual says is and I quote, "Use HONDA 2-stroke injector oil or equivalent."
Honda 2 Stroke injector oil is GN2, an equivalent would be an injector oil from another company.

He is running just regular 2 stroke oil, not injector oil.
ANDREW
Spree
Spree

Post by ANDREW »

ya i know i am going to get some injector oil but like i said the the gear/shaft on the injector was soaked with two stroke moter oil and that to me means that oil is leaking by the seal am i wright?
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Bear45-70 wrote:
There is no equivalent :lol: