no spark above 15mph

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

no spark above 15mph

Post by PimpinSpree »

I just got my spree goin for the summer, replaced fuel and after a little tinkering got it running about the best it ever had. Then all of the sudden when i was going down a hill at about 35, it just started bogging out. At first i though it was the carb, so i cleaned that out. But after riding it just to test it out, i figured out its cutting the spark out at 15 mph. I runs great below 15, and then it just cuts out at 15. Even if going down hill with no load.

Could the cdi be causing this? i have some extra ignition parts, so hopefully i i can just replace parts till it works
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

new coil, and bam, runs perfect. Guess it just couldn't recharge fast enough on higher rpms
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

PimpinSpree wrote:new coil, and bam, runs perfect. Guess it just couldn't recharge fast enough on higher rpms
this is good info to know. Thank you for sharing. :D
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

ya, i like to try and make threads useful for future searches. Where i come from searching is stressed big time
nigel
Noob
Noob

Post by nigel »

hi you said your bike would not any faster then 15mph you fitted new coil and bam but what is bam
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

nigel wrote:hi you said your bike would not any faster then 15mph you fitted new coil and bam but what is bam
Bam is like boom, what he meant by it is he replaced the coil and it instantly ran better.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

nigel wrote:hi you said your bike would not any faster then 15mph you fitted new coil and bam but what is bam
"Bam" he got slapped in the face with a burrito?

lol, it fixed his problem I suspect.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
05 Kymco Super 9-> My cruiser
xx Honda Gyro -> Man I gotta fix that.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges
SprEE*MP*
Spree
Spree

Post by SprEE*MP* »

Although this was not your problem, I recomend changing your sparkplug FIRST!, they are cheap, and easy to install.
-1984 Spree,