My Spree broke already!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

MaskedJellybean
Spree
Spree

Post by MaskedJellybean »

Thanks for all the suggestions.
It could be a loose wire. I don't think it's the carb because it was just cleaned twice. My spark plug is dirty though. According to this site: http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/spkp ... k.htm#tips My spark plug is consistent with the "splash damage" one. Which makes sense to me because the carb was cleaned twice (I know that's unecessary, but the mechanics didn't realize I already did it.) So there might be a lot of carb cleaner in the engine I would think. I'm going to look for a new spark plug again tomorrow.

The battery is brand new though, so it wouldn't be that. As for taking, the cover off, I guess I can try that. I'll search it for loose wires too.

**Edit** Do you think the kick start not working is unrelated? It worked before though.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

I read your post again and you said kickstarter wont go down. You will definitely have to take the kickstart cover off and see what is jammed in there. I completely removed my kickstarter because the kickstarter shaft end was stripped . I just use the electric start. If your pinion gear is wedged tight or gears are stripped your electric start wont work either.
Like I said before if you haven't downloaded the repair manual I would definitely do so now.
Davcon
BMX
BMX

Post by Davcon »

Before you pull the kickstarter apart, see if the motor will turn over with the sparkplug out. If so, it was flooded...................... with a combination of good compression and a cylinder full of gas, the motor can't turn. If this is the case, dry out the cylinder, plug, and carb, reassemble, and then try to start it. Next, would be to find out WHY it flooded. If I'm wrong here about the flooding, it will NOT turn over with the plug out.....................THEN start looking for some internal mechanical problem.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Go ahead and try that first. I agree. Always try the easiest solution first.
But if that doesn't solve the problem I am also thinking your drive belt might have broke and wedged inside your kickstarter assembly.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

ahhh i had a problem like this but in my case it was the starter pully came loose and would not let ehything move also jammed my kick start, i waould have to say get you kick start cover off!!! if u starti it then u wil messup the little spliney things that it sits on.
MaskedJellybean
Spree
Spree

Some bearing just broke down inside the engine. I have to order a new one. Just my luck. :?
MaskedJellybean
Spree
Spree

The part finally came and now I have my spree working again. :D