1986 Spree Spark Plug

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Lamb
BMX
BMX

1986 Spree Spark Plug

Post by Lamb »

is the BPR6HSA common enough to be at autozone, and if not, is the BPR6HS compatible with my '86 spree?

danke.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Re: 1986 Spree Spark Plug

Post by scooterwerx »

the "a" designates special design, i dont know what exactly it specifies, but it looks like the tip of the electrode is slightly shorter, hasnt made a bit of difference in anything ive run them in...they have those at the zone...
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

Yeah, i'd say if you can't find the 'A' model, just go with the other one.

oh and... Danke Schon.
dreamer1uk
BMX
BMX

Post by dreamer1uk »

Hi,

There is a link around here with alternatives to NGK plugs as well as the 3 NGK's you should go with depending on how long of a trip you take your Spree on :)
Lamb
BMX
BMX

Post by Lamb »

i went to autozone, and the clerk lady was retarded and didn't know how to operate the computer system

so i went to advance, and the guy said he didn't have any of the BPR6HS or autolite 284s in stock, so he gave me an autolite 21something that works. i noticed a small performance gain, but my spree still randomly bogs down (loses 2-4 mph, stays at lower speed, then 'clicks' and goes back up to full) regardless of what i'm driving on :/. would a carbon cleaning of exhaust and cylinder possibly remedy this, and if so, is it required that i replace the gaskets- and if so, how much will that run me?

thanks again.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

eek, its scary running plugs of unknown heat range, was the plug hotter or colder than the stock equivalent one? the loss of power sounds more like a carburetion issue, but i would definitely find out how the autolite "21-sompin or udda" compares to the heat range of the stock plug...
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

So that just confused me a lil. lol.

So what would the best spark plug be if you ride 10 miles WOT?
What about for just driving around the city, with constant stop and goes?
Lamb
BMX
BMX

Post by Lamb »

well, the plug he gave me (autolite 4123, actually looked at the box) was the one that showed up in the system for NQ50- Spree, so i can't imagine it'd be wrong for it. the mileage is a little bit higher though, around 3500 miles, so that's why i was considering a cylinder/exhaust cleaning
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

BPR4HS for below freezing.
BPR6HS for most stuff(this is what they come with stock)
BPR8HS if top speed will be maintained for more than a mile.

For example, I only ride in the summer and "town" is a few miles away, therefore I run the 8.
If I lived in the city I would run a 6, if I was * crazy and ran it in the winter, I would install a 4. Probably wouldn't hurt to drop the R, you don't have a radio and therefore don't need the resistor to dampen RFI/weaken the spark.

I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.