Shakes after I put a pipe on.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

fastgtp99
Goped
Goped

Shakes after I put a pipe on.

Post by fastgtp99 »

Yesterday I put a pipe on and now it vibrates the seat and floor really bad when I accelerate until I reach max speed and it also sounds like a clattering noise like something it grinding together. Its not a bad clattering noise but its feels like the motor is pushing to hard. I went from a completly hollowed out stock pipe that was to loud and didnt give the motor the back pressure that it needed to a technigas that i borrowed from a friend. I checked the side to side clearance of the crank to see if the bearings were bad and it seems to be fine, any ideas?
94 Elite s50, 72cc, 9:1 gears, 50mph so far
adark248
Elite
Elite

Re: Shakes after I put a pipe on.

Post by adark248 »

fastgtp99 wrote: Its not a bad clattering noise but its feels like the motor is pushing to hard. I went from a completly hollowed out stock pipe that was to loud and didnt give the motor the back pressure that it needed to a technigas that i borrowed from a friend.
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but you used to have the hollowed out pipe w/o back pressure and a new one is making the clattering noise?

If so, maybe as simple as loose carbon build up in the pipe? Have you decarbonized it with lye based cleaner or on a bonfire?
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

Did you rejet for that pipe? Could definitely be lean-surging.

:shock:
(this is bad)

Please give us your FULL setup in detail to aid in tuning.
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
fastgtp99
Goped
Goped

Post by fastgtp99 »

yes I had a stock pipe on there but it was hollowed out, so it was just a can basically. it sounds like the motor is pushing to hard now and shake the whole bike. I have a bore kit, 8to1 gears, 28mm oko carb, all the goodies that you can get for the most part.
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

fastgtp99 wrote: I have a bore kit, 8to1 gears, 28mm oko carb, all the goodies that you can get for the most part.
Main and pilot jet size? Roller weight?
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
fastgtp99
Goped
Goped

Post by fastgtp99 »

I have 8's and 10's in it right now and for the jet I have a 142 jet and the needle jet is the one it came with.
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Post by Arnadanoob »

OKO 28mm carbs come with a 39 pilot jet I think, which is too small for your 72cc. That's one issue I can definitely point out.

The technigas pipe you're using now, is a chamber pipe? You're going to need a serious tuning session if you are using a chamber pipe. Those weights are completely too heavy for such an application (all assuming you are using a chamber pipe).
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.