BIG probs getting new tire to seat right on the rim!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

JohnRobHolmes
Goped
Goped

Re: BIG probs getting new tire to seat right on the rim!

Post by JohnRobHolmes »

Where did you order tubes from? I ordered some from motorcycle super store and they did the same thing to me.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Let me amend what I said earlier about pressure. You don't want to inflate so high that the bead won't stay in the rim. If you blow up a new tire, it would probably be the tire bead popping out of the rim.

BTW, you might want to check your local Hondasan if close enough to do business. Sometimes they end up cheaper by the time you add shipping on eBay tires. My last Hondasan purchase was $16 for tire, $8 for tube, plus tax, $27 out the door, and I've built a relationship with a human being instead of a computer. That's worth a little bit.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

JohnRobHolmes wrote:Where did you order tubes from? I ordered some from motorcycle super store and they did the same thing to me.
I ordered my tubes from http://www.cyclepartsnation.com. Tires from Motorcycle super store. I could'nt find the right size tubes where i bought the tires from so i ordered where i thought i'd get the correct size lol. If i would of known i could get away with 2.5-2.75 i could of ordered them from Motorcycle super store. Though they were cheaper where i got them by a couple of bucks.. though i had to pay tax as its in my state but a few hours drive away from me.

I did call a local honda dealer thats about a half hour drive.. they only had 1 tube in stock and i needed 4! :(
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!