Electrical issues....

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jimmymac313
BMX
BMX

Electrical issues....

Post by jimmymac313 »

I got the spree running great, but now seem to have an electrical issue that I need help on. I know nothing about electrical so before I dive in, I need some direction.

Spree was running great, then I seen someone I know going down the street, I stopped, turned off the spree and talked. Then when I went to leave, I had nothing. No headlight, horn and when I turn on the right blinker, it will stay on but not flash, when I turn on the left blinker, it will just make a grinding noise. I have no electric starter, kickstart works, but lights and all still wont come on.

Thought possibly a battery issue, bought a new one, fully charged it, put it in and nothing.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Re: Electrical issues....

Post by hondaman »

Sounds like your friend placed a curse on your spree! Actually I would check your bulbs first to see if they are blown out and then check your wiring for any shorts. Look for loose contacts, rusty contacts, exposed wiring in the sheathing, etc.
JONESER
Spree
Spree

Post by JONESER »

jimmymac313 wrote:I got the spree running great, but now seem to have an electrical issue that I need help on. I know nothing about electrical so before I dive in, I need some direction.

Spree was running great, then I seen someone I know going down the street, I stopped, turned off the spree and talked. Then when I went to leave, I had nothing. No headlight, horn and when I turn on the right blinker, it will stay on but not flash, when I turn on the left blinker, it will just make a grinding noise. I have no electric starter, kickstart works, but lights and all still wont come on.

Thought possibly a battery issue, bought a new one, fully charged it, put it in and nothing.
Have you checked the voltage regulator? I know the Honda regulators for big bikes overheat and go bad way too often. IDK if the scooters have the same issues.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Somebody looking for this?

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=10971

Or you can dissect yours and chase down the issue. Turn relay and buzzer still available. LMK. I have one VR left, I think...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
jimmymac313
BMX
BMX

Post by jimmymac313 »

I have taken the covers off, and found my red wire from the battery, the one with the fuse in it, is just laying there. Any help to where that goes back into. Also, a negative wire is also laying loose, the other negative wires are tied toghether, does this one belong there?
jimmymac313
BMX
BMX

Post by jimmymac313 »

ok guys, I got it. Thanks to the download manual on here, the skimatics showed it running to the regulator, hooked it up, fired right up, good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site is A+++++