spree battery

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

john6890
Noob
Noob

spree battery

Post by john6890 »

hello , my name is john , i have a 1986 honda spree that some one gave me! it would not run , i took the carb apart , cleaned it , replaced the air filter , now it runs and idle good , has good acceleration..but i need a battery....can i get one from advance?? if so does anyone know what part number to get? i looked up the specs for the spree battery online ....so should i just take those specs with me to advance and match one up? also where would a good place to buy spare parts ( body panels and such)? thanks for any help
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: spree battery

Post by bradthreee »

I know Sears has a Die Hard battery that they carry.
Also may able to get one from Walmart.
The dealer is also a good place!

A good place to order parts is the dealer or online parts retailers like babbits and hondaparts-direct. But alot of parts are no longer available. The for sale/wanted section in this forum is also a good place. There are a couple of part-outs going on now in there right now.

I also carry alot of Spree parts as well but not everything. A few things are sold out...
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Sears die hard is a quality battery, I had one for 3 years and never did any maintenance that I should have on it before it died. Back in 2002 they were $25 with acid
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
jesse8931
Spree
Spree

Post by jesse8931 »

i bought mine off ebay for 12 bucks took it to the local battery shop and for 2bucks they filled it up and i was good to go
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

jesse8931 wrote:i bought mine off ebay for 12 bucks took it to the local battery shop and for 2bucks they filled it up and i was good to go
I have bad luck with Ebay batteries, hope yours is better.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Flea-bay usually cost just as much as buying local once you pay shipping and you have no way to return it when it doest fit or is bad. Just tell the guy, at whichever place you opt to use, the make, the year and model number of your scooter. He will look it up and get you what you need.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree