Re-jet or replace stock intake?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Re-jet or replace stock intake?

Post by Lunytune »

Melchior, I think you missed a very important point that has been made in the midst of the hijacking. You can't get more out of the Spree than it was designed to do without major work. Playing with the intake and jet is not enough. If you're not interested in an overbore, you've gone as far as you can go.

something else, you don't determine how rich it is running by gauging the fuel tank. Check the plug. White or light gray is too lean. Black is too rich. You want a chocolate brown. You will need a new plug to run the test. As you've been swapping things around, you will not get a true reading off the old plug.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Melchior
Noob
Noob

Post by Melchior »

No sweat folks! I'm grateful for all your guys help thus far :D, I simply don't have the space or tools to preform such a procedure.

I'll check the plug when I change it. It seems to be restricted, but obviously has the same capability as it did previously. So, I was curious as to what might be the cause. It behaves the same on-road as it does on the stand, which wasn't the case previously.

What finicky little engines these are...

Thanks again,
Melchior
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

i took my airfilter off and turned the tube down and on the end of it i installed a regular craftsman airfilter (paper kind) it had too much air so i restricted it with some tape (about 3/4 of filter covered) it works GREAT and looks cool too. go get you a craftsman (lawnmower) filter and fiddle around with it you will be suprised what you can do...

Videonut

86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Videonut wrote:i took my airfilter off and turned the tube down and on the end of it i installed a regular craftsman airfilter (paper kind) it had too much air so i restricted it with some tape (about 3/4 of filter covered) it works GREAT and looks cool too. go get you a craftsman (lawnmower) filter and fiddle around with it you will be suprised what you can do...
Videonut
Sears has returned to the scooter world, after 50 year absence since the Allstate scooter. :mrgreen:
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

Lunytune wrote: Sears has returned to the scooter world, after 50 year absence since the Allstate scooter. :mrgreen:

Ha ha ha go ask OCC hahaha they made a chopper outa lawnmower parts hahah

Videonut
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
Melchior
Noob
Noob

Post by Melchior »

It was the wrong spark-plug.

The spark-plug installed was nearly a cm too short, and chocolate brown. The newly installed plug has my spree running with confidence.

Thanks again,
Melchior
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Melchior wrote:It was the wrong spark-plug.

The spark-plug installed was nearly a cm too short, and chocolate brown. The newly installed plug has my spree running with confidence.

Thanks again,
Melchior
What was the number on the old plug?