question on different spree plastics

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

mopar4u
Spree
Spree

question on different spree plastics

Post by mopar4u »

some spree have the front leg fairing "Basket". Which ones have it and can it be installed on ones without it? The spree in the link has the front fairing "basket" i'm talking about. http://www.lakehillmotors.com/100_3209.JPG
dr.ona
Spree
Spree

Re: question on different spree plastics

Post by dr.ona »

That's for a 1987 Spree...will not fit an 84-86 Spree without looking like sh#t.
You need the other style that does not have the blinkers attached to it.

R
"I can't drive......35!"
mopar4u
Spree
Spree

Post by mopar4u »

dr.ona wrote:That's for a 1987 Spree...will not fit an 84-86 Spree without looking like sh#t.

R
Are you saying there is a basket that will fit the 84-86 front fairing properly?
dr.ona
Spree
Spree

Post by dr.ona »

Yes...you see them on Ebay every so often...anywhere's from $30-$70 Dollars.

RT
"I can't drive......35!"
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

dr.ona wrote:That's for a 1987 Spree...will not fit an 84-86 Spree without looking like sh#t.

R
Sorry Doc,

the 87 "glovebox" fits all years and in my opinion looks much better. It mounts in the same location as the non turn signal glove box. There will just be one hole left over from where the original turn signals mount on the leg shield.

Which ever glove box you decide to go with, make sure it comes with the mounting hardware as the dealer has discountinued most of those parts.
dr.ona
Spree
Spree

Post by dr.ona »

bradthreee wrote:

R
Sorry Doc,

the 87 "glovebox" fits all years and in my opinion looks much better. It mounts in the same location as the non turn signal glove box. There will just be one hole left over from where the original turn signals mount on the leg shield.

Which ever glove box you decide to go with, make sure it comes with the mounting hardware as the dealer has discountinued most of those parts.
No worries...I'm going by what I've seen and it appeared that the blinker system wasn't the same and looked funky...not to mention the extra holes as stated. Would the blinker system from a 1986 Spree fit good on a 1987 glovebox? Or would you need to buy the blinker assembly for a 1987 Spree and install it on the 1986?
"I can't drive......35!"
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

dr.ona wrote:
bradthreee wrote:

R
Sorry Doc,

No worries...I'm going by what I've seen and it appeared that the blinker system wasn't the same and looked funky...not to mention the extra holes as stated. Would the blinker system from a 1986 Spree fit good on a 1987 glovebox? Or would you need to buy the blinker assembly for a 1987 Spree and install it on the 1986?
The wiring for the blinker system is the same on all year Sprees. The 87 glovebox mounts to the same location that the 86 front turn signals mount to on the leg shield. If you want to keep the 84-86 front turn signals then you cannot run the 87 glovebox. You will need the glovebox that has no turn signals on it which was an accessory from the dealer.