elite with a case of that shakes

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

kygreen229
BMX
BMX

elite with a case of that shakes

Post by kygreen229 »

ive been noticing that if im working on my scoot and shes on the stand and i fire it up and throttle it up a bit then it gets pretty shaky...is this just from it not being on the ground or is there some kind of blance issue going on with the rear wheel? i dont believe its bent but could b i guess. i dont really seem to notice the shaking when riding unless going downhill and getting over 40 ish. its not the front end i know this cuz its mostly noticed on the stand giving it throttle. any experience here?
87 Honda Elite SE50
mookie
Elite
Elite

Re: elite with a case of that shakes

Post by mookie »

sell me the left side seat panel and it will subside. :2thumbs: i promise. there is an.. imbalance... somewhere.... :smile:
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember
surfnturf
BMX
BMX

Post by surfnturf »

Why don't you just remove the rear wheel (piece of cake) and start the scooter on the centerstand and give it a little rev. Don't rev it too much because it's load is reduced drastically and it could risk doing damage with an over rev. If it still shakes then it might be some part in the transmission or engine, otherwise the wheel is the culprit. A good way to test is just to mount it and spin it slowly and carefully watch, it's not all that hard to spot bends.
kygreen229
BMX
BMX

Post by kygreen229 »

mookie wrote:sell me the left side seat panel and it will subside. :2thumbs: i promise. there is an.. imbalance... somewhere.... :smile:
haha you need the panel i take it?? :lol: i dont think its causin me to much trouble with that imbalance ha!! well ya i guess ill try takin the wheel off and just checkin to see if shes bent.
87 Honda Elite SE50
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I had a good tire on my rear wheel with no shaking, had to replace with a used tire i had laying around = irritating shaking. Put known good tire back on and no shake :)
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

By the way, the bad tire i put on "looked" good so don't use the look factor.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.