Stage 3 honda spree wont do anything............

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: Stage 3 honda spree wont do anything............

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Is your swapped crank identical to stock? If not it may be a timing issue. If so...

From what I've read here the CT Intake worries me from the structural standpoint. Two little M6 fasteners support the unbalanced weight of the CT and attached carb. A cracked block or any air path to the carters could explain non-starting. Since it doesn't run, you can't check for a vacuum leak by squirting combustibles around the outside.

Perhaps it's time to cobble up a rubber freeze plug for the exhaust port and a cap over the CT mouth and perform a proper Pressure Test? How-tos abound on the Internet and perhaps WikiSpreedia.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Is your swapped crank identical to stock? If not it may be a timing issue. If so...

From what I've read here the CT Intake worries me from the structural standpoint. Two little M6 fasteners support the unbalanced weight of the CT and attached carb. A cracked block or any air path to the carters could explain non-starting. Since it doesn't run, you can't check for a vacuum leak by squirting combustibles around the outside.

Perhaps it's time to cobble up a rubber freeze plug for the exhaust port and a cap over the CT mouth and perform a proper Pressure Test? How-tos abound on the Internet and perhaps WikiSpreedia.
Crank is stock for their is no aftermarket one for the spree (that i know of?) im starting to think its a cracked case aswell or a major leak somewhere. I am running new gasket and the intake is really tight, so im convinced the leak isnt at the intake. but even if it was it wont even fire putting fuel into the plug hole with 125 psi. compression So im thinking its a larger issue..... trying to track down another engine block to build for i do not know the history of this one.
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

History is unnecessary. What matters is its rat-now Integrity. Easily tested with few hardware-store items. Cheaper and quicker than reassembling around a new crankcase.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

History is unnecessary. What matters is its rat-now Integrity. Easily tested with few hardware-store items. Cheaper and quicker than reassembling around a new crankcase.
Alright then how should i go about testing it?
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Easily tested with few hardware-store items. Cheaper and quicker than reassembling around a new crankcase.
Here's a few examples from hondaspree:
Link to thread
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

The way i look at it is obviously i have a major problem so putting in all theis work to confirm it is in my opinion a waste of time and money...... Thats why knowing the history is important if i knew it ran beffore i could tell if it was something i was doing to it.. Idk ill see if i can throw something together but 25$ to make a leak down tester and test it and find out i need a new motor anyways just seems like waste.