Drive belt breaking slider guides? (moved 94-01 belt topic)

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Drive belt breaking slider guides? (moved 94-01 belt top

Post by paulpauly7 »

i cant keep up with this guys ramble
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi. Mousewheels and graphite is right. you need a new boss and ramp plate.
the boss may have a uneven edge. When the motor spins it wears out your ramp.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

This guy is a nutt bar.A troll who has been kicked off more than anyone in hondaspree history .I havent got time for people like this .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth bajack:
what exactly about them is accounting for these damages then? cause i cant figure out what to look at anyway.
In that case I suggest you set up a dial gauge and check the runout on your crankshaft, then your 3 ramp plates (with the variator removed), then the variator casting. Something isn't spinning true, and the weakest link is the plastic in the guides. I for one look forward to your (brief) report of findings. Your results may help others.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

bajack wrote:i have no idea really, ive put a very descriptive long drawn out big set of tests ive done. and then everyones like huh. the same people going huh, are the same people who have these items in surplus and sell them to everybody else.
Back to this comment. What exactly are you implying here?
I believe it's actually most of us going "huh" because of the way you are describing your issues and tests. Too much rambling, repetitiveness, and punctuation. Like pat said, clear and simple.
And for the gentlemen trying to help you out that have "many of these items in surplus", they are some of the most stand up guys you will come across and go out of their way to provide this forum with parts at prices that are unbelievably cheap.
Maybe I read your quote wrong, and hopefully I did, but ACTUALLY listening to what these guys have to say will help you greatly in diagnosing your problem.

And please, enough with this 7500 belt. Find a way to measure it accurately or throw it away and get the 751 belt already. And just to clarify, unless your overseas, you do not actually have a dio.

And sorry if I sound like a *ick. I really hope you can resolve this problem.
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

alright short and to the point.

Im just going to wait, on the new belt to show up. probably tomorrow cause the guy sat on his but yesterday and didn't get it out its coming from the same state. I sent him a message last night and told him I was beltless.

All variables have been took out of the equation. ive got 3 ramp plates. 1 more thats never touched that setup. I did notice the extra damage and didnt bring it all up. Look what happens when mousewheels finds one bit of damage. he said he wasnt for sure if it was the cause of htis, but he'd like ot know where it came from.

And everyone saying this topic needs to turn around and stuff, havent came up with why this damage would of happenned. I gave my theory Why it happenned. and where it came from. and Ive not seen any suggestions from anybody else, so far. Any questions, so far, I've already covered, or answered.

Drive boss is in good shape. I have 3 ramp plates, that I tried. the drive boss is tough, thats why dont bleieve you guys. I also checked it and have took it and put it in and out of the variator's. Many times and noticed nothing weird. The drive boss is tough, like about as tough as the crank id have a broken crank arm if this thing was going out. Thats why I dont believe that. If my drive boss was going out, I would think I have crankshaft arm damage. Or itd be terribly old. It's solid and thats somehting i checked for.

noticed no wobbling in the variator or the crankshaft. also last night checked the drive boss. it still looks stock, I never noticed any odd not roundness as i was looking at it, like a, not round place.

rolls like a wheel. i checked for any slack in the variaotr, with it in it. and nothing.

View My Video
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

It's hard to get a small description when I'm describing my test. But, mousewheels only suggested in any procedure of doing this same test. Finding out what is making the slide guides break, that that Might of caused the problem. But also hed be intersted in seeing was made it. I gave my theory. And thats this was was a theory.

And I just cleared any other naysays on this theory. I gave my reason to start why I wouldnt believe it. He just claimed it was a theory, and I said, the drive boss wouldn't go out like this. It's tough. And it was new, and solid when I got it. And I checked it over when I noticed my slide guides having problems. Seemed just as solid as usual. And i use an impact wrench how could I of left slack for the ramp plate to wobble sideways to started this damage?

the aluminum lightened kicker ramp though, it took the damage for me. it did do the damage seen on the back of the ramp plate.

the ohter side of this if your all wanting to know. happened about 4 mm from the back of the crankshaft arm. a groove dug in it. I dont think, the ramp plate back damage is going to casue me no more problems or should it even be a not usable item no more. Id throw away that one in teh picture though, ive checked it I used it the most and it seems almost dug in a good almost half a mm. Too much..

And a little groove on the crankshaft arm. from the other direction. The ramp plate doesnt sit on it. The crank seems fine. So, I'm going to use it. the ramp, angled, and when it caught dug that groove.

that ramp plate in that picture is the one i used about 80-90 of them miles.

edit: the ramp plates, 2 used and one not put on this setup and i cant remember the last time i touched it. the center hole. nics out at about 14.12mm - 14.15 .. somewhere in there.
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

Kevinstonge wrote: And please, enough with this 7500 belt. Find a way to measure it accurately or throw it away and get the 751 belt already. And just to clarify, unless your overseas, you do not actually have a dio.

And sorry if I sound like a *ick. I really hope you can resolve this problem.
who cares whether i can measure it or not. there are part numbers. i dont have a dio and didnt say i did. i have an elite and ordered part number 23100-gg2-751 and got the 23100-gg2-7500 for SOME REASON.

and I have slide guides breaking.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth Bajack:
The crank seems fine. So, I'm going to use it. the ramp, angled, and when it caught dug that groove.
Unless your eye can measure thousandths, you don't really know if it's fine or not. The grooved ramp plate could also be warped out of true. You've been given a number of things to check and measure, but you're wasting time here with us typing on your Dell. Check some things; it's time better spent.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I'm holding onto voodoo as the culprit.
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

So then, I guess all your crankshafts are on by thousandths of inches right? Noones got a crankshaft off a couple thousandths, or however many of an inch right? Everyones crankshaft is perfect. Even though Ive changed every part on my bike. And was using a perfectly good cvt then, after a belt change, in 10 miles the slide guides went out.

then i swapped, the variator when i noticed it and the actual front kicker pulley. Had just got it, the aluminum one. And it does it again. All with the same belt.

You guys have seen the cvt spinning on the video. thats straight. theres no warped or grinded drive boss. Its round ive checked it. It tightens down fine too. If there was slack, it would of loosened and fell off during one of my rides. and when checking doing that turning I was doing, it was solid. thats how it goes together, then you torque the nut to 45 or so ft/lbs.
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

graphite9 wrote:I'm out.
as you can see in my video the cvt has no problem with it. and that kicker plate, isnt going to bend.

Id have WAY more damage to plastic if ..
1)the kicker ramp plate bent
2)the crankshaft bent.

So I just have to rule it out. Just because one little thing goes wrong I dont go blaming it on everything else. This outlet in the house don't work. burn it down.

No. Gonna wait on the belt. your the one indecisive and can't wait on that and insist its not this belt. You said its not the belt and kevinstonge says its not the belt. But, theres no evidence by just viewing.

We where talking about sa50 belts, not this different topic here. You seem to insist it's this other topic. I'm talking about sa50 belts. And no let's not forget about this belt. 23100-gg2-7500.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

it will be but he will never admit it TRAINS420
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

i didnt start this topic. topic will be moved forward tomorrow if the belt can get to me about 150 miles away overnight. and my objective right now is to remove variables. the bike was just running. so i dont want to claim crankshaft damage cause it suddenly came up. the only damage visible, and by viewing doesnt seem to me my cranks out not spinning true. or that the crank has thinned down, which is what im getting from this. in that video, as you can see the cvt spins smooth.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Obviously it's user error if all the parts are perfect. Only thing left is the the mechanic is at fault. I bet the tune will change now that it's been established you can't install a simple variator correctly. Don't ask us how you can't figure out how to install a variator but its obvious you can't. So give up and buy a kick scooter.