Replacing Brake Shoes

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kagrenak
Noob
Noob

Replacing Brake Shoes

Post by Kagrenak »

How hard is it to do? I don't have much mechanical experience, and I'm not sure that I trust myself installing something that could be the difference between me stopping or me hitting a truck in front of me. The quoted price Honda gave me for the installation of both front & rear brake shoes is $200 more than the brake shoes own their own. This seems relatively high for something that doesn't seem too complicated.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Replacing Brake Shoes

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

You can't f*** up, a untrained monkey could figure em out.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Dealer is $200 + shoes? Wow :roll:
I'm not sure that I trust myself installing something that could be the difference between me stopping or me hitting a truck in front of me.
Yes, I can understand that feeling, brakes are critical. Check out the Honda Service Manual section on this board for the process and photos and see how you feel about the job afterwards. Get a friend by to inspect your work will help give confidence too.
bottomfeeder
Noob
Noob

Post by bottomfeeder »

$200?????d***,I think that includes a new pair of shoes for the mechanic's kids,all 6 of them.May the wind in your face not be full of bugs. Carp..a.k.a.. bottomfeeder
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:You can't f*** up, a untrained monkey could figure em out.
There are exceptions. Give him a break... he's a noob

Bring it to me and I'll do the job for $100 plus parts. :mrgreen: Man, I'm in the wrong business.

I do notice there is no tutorial in the Technical Documents. Good project for Dac who has a great camera and lays out a good Tutorial.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes