Drive Train is this stock?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

GoodDerf
Goped
Goped

Drive Train is this stock?

Post by GoodDerf »

So the more I take my spree apart the more i am finding that seems to not be stock. I know the belt is supposed to have teeth but with my setup there isn't anywhere for a toothed belt to go. I have a very strong feeling this isn't stock and I was wondering what the opinion is on the setup.

Wheelman-111

Re: Drive Train is this stock?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Someone appears to have installed a non-stock belt. The "teeth" in the belt don't actually engage anything on any of these scooters. They are designed that way so they can bend around the shafts more easily without getting as hot. Before that one breakz, ax Honda-san for a stock Spree belt. Any year should fit.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
GoodDerf
Goped
Goped

Post by GoodDerf »

Oh cool, I can get ahold of that tomorrow. One other question, I have noticed it mentioned a couple of times and in the tech docs that '86 and later came with a kick start. My bike clearly says 1986 above the front tire, but I don't even see a spot for a kick start. Any thoughts?
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

GoodDerf wrote:Oh cool, I can get ahold of that tomorrow. One other question, I have noticed it mentioned a couple of times and in the tech docs that '86 and later came with a kick start. My bike clearly says 1986 above the front tire, but I don't even see a spot for a kick start. Any thoughts?
I find that interesting. I just recently bought an 86 and yes, the year and VIN is clearly marked on the pipe frame on the right side behind the wheel. I have a kickstarter as well as a battery starter (just bought new battery, haven't tested starter yet). I suspect somebody has swapped out the cover on your scoot.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

GoodDerf wrote:Oh cool, I can get ahold of that tomorrow. One other question, I have noticed it mentioned a couple of times and in the tech docs that '86 and later came with a kick start. My bike clearly says 1986 above the front tire, but I don't even see a spot for a kick start. Any thoughts?
But the frame ident # does not mean the motor wasn't swapped out and is why the kick start is missing. Look behind the rear pully cover of the transmission to determine the year of your motor.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
GoodDerf
Goped
Goped

Post by GoodDerf »

Good call Bear :D . I was having some thoughts that was what it might be (a broken clock is right twice a day you know), but I wasn't sure. I will definitely take a look at that when I get the bike out again to work on it again.